Windows 10: Story Remix vs Windows Movie Maker vs Windows Live Movie Maker

Discus and support Story Remix vs Windows Movie Maker vs Windows Live Movie Maker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just wondering, if you use Microsoft's video editing tools, do you use the discontinued Windows Movie Maker (Windows ME/XP/Vista) / Windows Live Movie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hont Nog, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Hont Nog Win User

Story Remix vs Windows Movie Maker vs Windows Live Movie Maker

Just wondering, if you use Microsoft's video editing tools, do you use the discontinued Windows Movie Maker (Windows ME/XP/Vista) / Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows 7), or do you use the new Story Remix in Windows 10?

To start, I use Story Remix.

:)

Hont Nog, Nov 12, 2018

2. Story Remix: Movie Maker Features?

I'm exploring Story Remix as a replacement for Movie Maker. While some of the "director" type features are nice, I'm wondering where some of the needed technical components are. If I want to fade in music, use different music files at different points
    throughout the video, or adjust the volume on certain video clips so I can hear the audio of the video over the background music (without adjusting levels throughout the entire project), how can I do that? If those features don't exist, what does Microsoft
    recommend as a true Movie Maker replacement?

Brian Wyzlic, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Windows live movie maker

Hi Carl,

Here are information about Windows Movie Maker. Click this
    link for the system requirements and this
    link to know what kind of files you can use in Movie Maker.

If you encounter issues with Movie Maker, refer to the steps provided in these articles below:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Nov 12, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

windows movie maker

Windows Movie Maker is no longer supported by Microsoft . . .

Yes you can still download it from 3rd party websites and it will run on Windows 10.

But my advice is to wait until mid October, a new major upgrade for Windows 10 will be released which includes a new app that is to replace Windows Movie Maker. It may be called Story Remix, but that is not decided yet . . .

Click HERE to preview the new App

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Story Remix vs Windows Movie Maker vs Windows Live Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Story Remix Movie

2. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  3. Windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Movie Maker: I wanna download "Windows Live Movie Maker" for Windows 10. Can any friend guide me the reliable source to download free software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-movie-maker/6cbd2b98-c0e5-43e0-9a44-33baefd53766
  4. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  5. Windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Movie Maker: I am trying to process a MP4 file in Movie Maker which I have imported from my Samsung phone. It can read the file but the quality is poor. Does Movie Maker support this type of file and if not what can I do to make it read the file successfully?...
  6. Windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Movie Maker: I have downloaded a MP4 file from my camera on my Samsung Phone into Windows Live Movie Maker which I can read but the quality is not very good. Does Movie Maker support MP4 files? If not what do I need to do to be able to play this file correctly?...
  7. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  8. windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows Live Movie Maker: What the heck happened? Why doesn't Movie Maker work? I hate Windows 10!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-movie-maker/24456fbb-9ab2-46c1-b207-1d071e146874
  9. Windows live movie maker software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows live movie maker software: I have purchased a new lappy with win10 original and it has all other win apps except windows live movie maker. It is very important to me, how can i install or download it? And if not, is there any best substitute of it, with free full version? Please reply!...
  10. Movie makers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows story remix vs movie maker

2. story remix or movie maker

3. windows movie maker vs story remix