Windows 10: Strange 0 byte files

Discus and support Strange 0 byte files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm curious what these files are that are on some of my internal HD's partitions. The file name is a random (apparently) string of characters, 'type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abibee, Jun 1, 2016.

1. abibee Win User

Strange 0 byte files

I'm curious what these files are that are on some of my internal HD's partitions. The file name is a random (apparently) string of characters, 'type of file: file', 'size: 0 bytes', 'owner: system'.

What are these? Do I need them?

:)

abibee, Jun 1, 2016

2. Win10 Auto Updates emptied my Libraries

0 bytes.

Contains 0 files, 0 folders

Neal_Whoever, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 system restore and network adapter issues.

Directory of C:\

10/05/2017 01:26 AM

0 Recovery.txt

1 File(s) 0 bytes

0 Dir(s) 177,012,736 bytes free

SamplingRage, Jun 1, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Strange 0 byte files

Without further information, impossible to tell. Of particular importance exactly where are these files located?
    I would be very careful about deleting files owned by SYSTEM. Files of zero size can be very important.

LMiller7, Jun 1, 2016
  5. abibee Win User
    A couple of pics:

Strange 0 byte files [​IMG]

Strange 0 byte files [​IMG]

abibee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange 0 byte files

1. Strange 0 byte files - Similar Threads - Strange byte files

2. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  3. Can't delete 0 byte .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete 0 byte .exe file: Hello folk, so last night I was downloading things and downloaded this .exe which was worth 0 bytes, I put it through virus total and nothing came up so I ran it. Nothing happened or so I thought so I tried to delete it, when I tried to delete it I was met with a window...
  4. cannot attach file 0 bytes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot attach file 0 bytes: i cannot attached files in my easy mail account, they say 0 bytes & cannot download, but when using my gmail it works ok, im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-attach-file-0-bytes/2062f401-2774-4fe9-b2d9-c92282d1dd18
  5. cannot attach file 0 bytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot attach file 0 bytes: i cannot attached files in my easy mail account, they say 0 bytes & cannot download, but when using my gmail it works ok, im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-attach-file-0-bytes/2062f401-2774-4fe9-b2d9-c92282d1dd18
  6. cannot attach file 0 bytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleting empty directories and 0 byte files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting empty directories and 0 byte files: Is it save and should I delete empty directories and 0 byte files just to clean things up? If it is a good idea is there a tool to find them? 179888
  8. Backup Size 0 Bytes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Size 0 Bytes: Originally posted with my other account, but can't receive notifications with that one so I'm copying the same one to here Hi! I have a Windows 10 on a Lenovo Flex 14. For the past couple of months I have not been able to make any successful backups, because every time I...
  9. 0 bytes Files, Drive failure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    0 bytes Files, Drive failure: Hi, I have recently met a problem with my Data Drive. Alot of my Files have been appearing as 0kb and unusable, many of them video files that I remember watching just fine a few months ago (2-3 months). Some game files have also been turning 0kb, making some of my Steam...
  10. How to Delete 0 Byte Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete 0 Byte Files: Hello, Searching this forum for a means to delete 0 byte video files I came across a solution by BD45960 who suggests: Run CMD (aka Command Prompt) Use: del (File Location)\File Name* example: File Name: Ledgers CPB (1) <---note the space at end of file name (*...