Windows 10: Strange 4 digit files downloaded.

Discus and support Strange 4 digit files downloaded. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my windows 10 machine I notice every couple of days a file is downloaded to my app data,local, temp folder. These files have names such as 4179,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AJP, Sep 24, 2019.

1. AJP
    AJP Win User

Strange 4 digit files downloaded.

On my windows 10 machine I notice every couple of days a file is downloaded to my app data,local, temp folder.
    These files have names such as 4179, 8932 or 6745 and vary in size from 240MB to 1,700MB. There is no indication where they have come from. I have run Bitdefender, Norton, Malwarebytes with no infection found. Can anyone shed any light on what they are? Thanks

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Hi, suggest you start by identifying the process or program that downloaded them.

By the way, are you sure these were downloaded from the Internet? How do you know?

If so and you wish to record this over time, you could try e.g. Networx -free
    Example:

Strange 4 digit files downloaded. [​IMG]

You can see, for example, my small email client poppeeper received some data- I just checked for email.

Download NetWorx 6.2.5

dalchina, Sep 24, 2019
  3. AJP
    AJP Win User

Yes it does seem to be FF. It is also worth noting that the download is not going to the specified FF download folder. I will try all that you have suggested and monitor the situation. I take it that you have never come across files with just a four digit title? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Just gone into it in depth and note that the ip address the files are downloaded from is 78.157.200.194

4. AJP
    AJP Win User

Thank you Dalchina. I notice these files when I open firefox and see that the download arrow has turned blue (indicating a download has been completed.) and by clicking on location I find them in app data,local,temp. I will try NetWorx, thanks.

Thema:

1. Strange 4 digit files downloaded. - Similar Threads - Strange digit files

2. Strange File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange File: There is a file called ENE in C:/Program Files/ENE. It contains several folders which contain several DDLs and one has an application that does nothing when ran. Looking at some other posts on here, it seems to be related to some RGB application, I do have one on here but...
  3. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  4. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  5. Windows 4-digits PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...
  6. Strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange files: Earlier this year, I transferred files from my old phone to my computer. Some of the files have this name: ___.gif.trigger. I tried opening the files w/IrfanView, Paint, Notepad, Word, an internet browser; I even removed the .trigger from the name; but nothing I've tried...
  7. Strange file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange file?: Ok so, i am downloading games and that, so i checked if i have enough space Which i do but there is this "music.raw" file which is 335 KG big, should i be worried or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file/c077253a-9f07-48df-9695-313047a83f4d"
  8. Strange Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Files: I've recently discovered some odd things going on with my pc.. First is <?xml version="1.0"?> <DiagnosticResults><ID>NetworkDiagnostics</ID><Name>Windows Network Diagnostics</Name><Publisher>Microsoft...
  9. Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?: I'm loving Windows 10 and I really want to enable Cortana for all the voice recognition goodness but when I configure it I get a message that says my "Microsoft ID will now become my signon" or something like that. I leave the notebook powered on all day and when I walk...
  10. strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    strange files: I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware installed it popped up when I deleted these files. 102920