Windows 10: Strange 4 digit files downloaded.

Discus and support Strange 4 digit files downloaded. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my windows 10 machine I notice every couple of days a file is downloaded to my app data,local, temp folder. These files have names such as 4179,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AJP, Sep 24, 2019.

1. AJP
    AJP Win User

Strange 4 digit files downloaded.

On my windows 10 machine I notice every couple of days a file is downloaded to my app data,local, temp folder.
    These files have names such as 4179, 8932 or 6745 and vary in size from 240MB to 1,700MB. There is no indication where they have come from. I have run Bitdefender, Norton, Malwarebytes with no infection found. Can anyone shed any light on what they are? Thanks

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Hi, suggest you start by identifying the process or program that downloaded them.

By the way, are you sure these were downloaded from the Internet? How do you know?

If so and you wish to record this over time, you could try e.g. Networx -free
    Example:

Strange 4 digit files downloaded. [​IMG]

You can see, for example, my small email client poppeeper received some data- I just checked for email.

Download NetWorx 6.2.5

dalchina, Sep 24, 2019
  3. AJP
    AJP Win User

Yes it does seem to be FF. It is also worth noting that the download is not going to the specified FF download folder. I will try all that you have suggested and monitor the situation. I take it that you have never come across files with just a four digit title? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Just gone into it in depth and note that the ip address the files are downloaded from is 78.157.200.194

4. AJP
    AJP Win User

Thank you Dalchina. I notice these files when I open firefox and see that the download arrow has turned blue (indicating a download has been completed.) and by clicking on location I find them in app data,local,temp. I will try NetWorx, thanks.

Thema:

1. Strange 4 digit files downloaded. - Similar Threads - Strange digit files

2. strange download agent - macrium reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    strange download agent - macrium reflect: when I started the download agent (which I downloaded today from the "free" button from macrium reflect site I could choose in the upper dropdown menu only for "free" not for "home". and there was no possibility to select "full version" and to fill in the license key....
  3. Strange Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Files: I've recently discovered some odd things going on with my pc.. First is <?xml version="1.0"?> <DiagnosticResults><ID>NetworkDiagnostics</ID><Name>Windows Network Diagnostics</Name><Publisher>Microsoft...
  4. Strange file found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange file found: The short version is that I found this file about 8 months ago and called windows phone support. No one there had any idea as what it was. All scans have comw up negative for malware. There is no information about it on the web that I could find. I have attached a pic of...
  5. Strange File Type "OneDrive"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange File Type "OneDrive": VKSTYX File Type is showing for all of my files in one drive. I saved all my files like pictures and now everything says this. "This is an example from my one drive it self. I cant open these files what do i do? [ATTACH]...
  6. 4 digit pin code not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4 digit pin code not recognized: After an update on my computer my 4 number pin would not work. I was able to login in using my Microsoft account password but a black screen came up with message c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. After pressing ok there is just a black screen...
  7. Forza 4 Download help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forza 4 Download help: I am having troubles with downloading the game. As my drive C is out of space, i decided to download the game into drive D which have more than enough space to download the game. However, as i chose drive D to download the game, it would not download and kept saying 'error' ....
  8. Gears of war 4 downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of war 4 downloading: Hey so i just bought gears of war 4 for pc right, and at first the download file was 130 Gb and then it failed so i tried it again and then the file size was 201 Gb but i didnt think anything of it so i let it keep downloading. It failed again but thought i'd try it one more...
  9. Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?: I'm loving Windows 10 and I really want to enable Cortana for all the voice recognition goodness but when I configure it I get a message that says my "Microsoft ID will now become my signon" or something like that. I leave the notebook powered on all day and when I walk...
  10. strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    strange files: I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware installed it popped up when I deleted these files. 102920