Windows 10: Strange 70gb file that i cant delete

Discus and support Strange 70gb file that i cant delete in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i was looking through some files on my computer and eventually found my way (with some difficulties due to windows not giving me permission) to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SnooMacarons9043, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Strange 70gb file that i cant delete

so i was looking through some files on my computer and eventually found my way (with some difficulties due to windows not giving me permission) to the windowsapps folder in my d: drive. it had 3 files in it, but only one was of interest. It was titled 'DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.32.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me' and i took a look through it and to the best of my knowledge it is a complete game file for metro exodus, stranger yet is that ive never downloaded metro exodus on this computer, nor have i bought it. the date modified was all at the same time of may 27th this year. its 70 gb and when i attempt to delete any file from it windows denies access and i cant even get to the more options page like i can with other files.

id love to know what the hell this is here for and how i can get rid of this. any help would be greatly apreciated.

p.s. not sure if the bug tag is best here but its the closest i can get to whatever this is.

submitted by /u/SnooMacarons9043
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SnooMacarons9043, Jul 24, 2020

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Jul 29, 2020
  3. edzalsd Win User
    System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

Hello! Can any one help me. I was checking my storage on pc and find out that almost all GB are are used by system and reserved files, and it is more than 70GB.
    How can I delete these files?

Thanks

Strange 70gb file that i cant delete [​IMG]

edzalsd, Jul 29, 2020
  4. edzalsd Win User

Strange 70gb file that i cant delete

System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

Strange 70gb file that i cant delete [​IMG]

edzalsd, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Strange 70gb file that i cant delete

1. Strange 70gb file that i cant delete - Similar Threads - Strange 70gb file

2. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant delete a file: I recorded a video that's 100GB in size and every time I right click it and press delete nothing happens for a couple seconds then my windows explorer crashes.I've tried force deleting it and using cmd prompt to delete it and nothing works. i just tried file assasin and tried...
  3. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant delete a file: I recorded a video that's 100GB in size and every time I right click it and press delete nothing happens for a couple seconds then my windows explorer crashes.I've tried force deleting it and using cmd prompt to delete it and nothing works. i just tried file assasin and tried...
  4. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cant delete this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  6. I cant delete this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  7. I cant delete this file

8. Deleted files acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files acting strange: So when I delete my files, they go to the recycle bin. But they also leave remnants behind which properties shows to be 0kB in size. I can't delete this remnant. This happens with pictures, folders, everything. It goes away when I delete it, sure. But once I reboot or switch...
  9. i cant delete files

i cant delete files: Welcome to my application I can not delete, add or move files and folders how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-files/d3e45f0f-d811-4ec7-a68b-3daec7ad2baa
  10. System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

in Windows 10 Support
    System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?: Hello! Can any one help me. I was checking my storage on pc and find out that almost all GB are are used by system and reserved files, and it is more than 70GB. How can I delete these files? Thanks [img] 17646