Windows 10: Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank

Discus and support Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, checking for updates after the most recent insider build has it basically going blank where it usually says "checking" or saying "you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank

For some reason, checking for updates after the most recent insider build has it basically going blank where it usually says "checking" or saying "you have the latest update". A bit disconcerting! Anyone else seeing this?

:)

John Pombrio, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

I set Win Update to Discontinue to Receive Insider Builds and there is no gui setting to begin receiving them

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to all settings

• Click on Update and security

• Select Windows Updates

• Click on Advanced option

• Click on Get insider build

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Latest Win 10 Insider update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue in updating to latest Windows 10 build. We are here to help you.

I suggest you to run the Windows update troubleshooter and try to update the Windows 10.
    Follow the steps provided below to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on Windows Updates.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank

Win 10 Professional build 10240.16590 will not update to latest build?

I have the following: Win 10 Professional build 10240.16590 and it will not update to latest build?

I've checked the Windows updater, I get security patches, but the OS won't update.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,

Macroweb

Macroweb(2), Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank

1. Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank - Similar Threads - Strange acting Update

2. DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD: IT WILL MAKE YOUR PC UNUSABLE UNLESS YOU DO A CLEAN FRESH INSTALL OF WIN 11 OR 10 WITH A USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-update-win-11-to-latest-build/c40379b9-7f10-488e-b9b9-9e0c892d86de
  3. DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD: IT WILL MAKE YOUR PC UNUSABLE UNLESS YOU DO A CLEAN FRESH INSTALL OF WIN 11 OR 10 WITH A USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-update-win-11-to-latest-build/c40379b9-7f10-488e-b9b9-9e0c892d86de
  4. Windows Update - Pause updates acting strangely

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - Pause updates acting strangely: I am seeing the most bizarre problem with Windows 10, Settings/Update & Security/ Windows Update. I am on version 2004 19041.264, but I have seen this for several releases now and it has not gone away. I went to the latest that's not Fast Ring in order to see if some problem...
  5. Problems with latest WIndows 10 Insider build installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with latest WIndows 10 Insider build installation: Hi, For the last couple of days my Windows 10 has been attempting to install the latest insider build. However, it gets to a point where the blue windows logo is showing, and a circle of dots which spins beneath it, then seems to just hang. I have been able to...
  6. Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..: can someone help me out of this situation .. after latest update my controller cannot attached with my laptop .. in drivers it shown unknown device I pickup the xbox drivers but yellow icon changed to ? icon drivers not supported .. same controller on my second laptop with...
  7. Mouse acting strange after latest updates

Mouse acting strange after latest updates: After installing KB4503864 and KB4501371, my mouse now randomly double clicks, single clicks during dragging/highlighting, and stutters when being held down. This makes it basically unusable. It was working perfectly fine for years before these particular updates, and I can't...
  8. Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build

Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build: Has anyone had a fix for this? I'm getting an error 0x8007000d for the past month now and every Windows update has the same resulting code whenever I try to install it. Is there a way to install this without having to factory reset (btw, I can't go back to the previous build)...
  9. (SOLVED) Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release)

(SOLVED) Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release): Hello, I'm switched to the fast ring recently and wanted to test out the new windows gaming features on the insider build but installation stops at 25% and an error occurs saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Although you are enrolled in the Windows Insider...
  10. Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release)

Cannot update to latest insider build 18346.1 (19h1_release): Hello, I'm switched to the fast ring recently and wanted to test out the new windows gaming features on the insider build but installation stops at 25% and an error occurs saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Although you are enrolled in the Windows Insider...