Windows 10: Strange activity happening on the computer.

Discus and support Strange activity happening on the computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gary Wisdom, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Strange activity happening on the computer.

I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders automatically created within that have incomprehensible names and impossible modification dates (see picture for reference). I am unable to delete them and unable to delete the folder they are in. Anybody know what is causing this?

Strange activity happening on the computer. 400a4808-01c7-42f1-8577-a4aa29e16cd9?upload=true.png

:)

Gary Wisdom, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Odys Win User

Computer freezes for a few seconds, strange disk activity

From time to time, around once in two days, the computer freezes for around 5 or 10 seconds.

During that time, I can move the mouse but thats it. No application interaction and no keyboard response.

While investigating this, I noticed the following behavior in the task manager. The ssd seems to behaving in a weird way. 100% active with zero data transfers.

Strange activity happening on the computer. PSA3Z.png

Zero read/write and 100% active. This is odd to me.

To further investigate the issue I used the SSDlife utility but the results suggest that the disk is healthy.

Strange activity happening on the computer. vFVDi.png

Some notes that might help:

• No devices connected to the laptop
    • Laptop touchpad and bluetooth also disabled
    • Only a usb mouse connected
    • No camera, sound or other devices used during that time
    • No other strange laptop behavior

What can cause such a behavior or how can I further investigate the issue?

3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Superfly Win User

Strange activity happening on the computer.

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Sorry if I did not make it clear - that is an illegal activation method - that xspace server must have been taken down by MS.

Superfly, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Strange activity happening on the computer.

1. Strange activity happening on the computer. - Similar Threads - Strange activity happening

2. Strange laptop activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange laptop activity: Last night while I was asleep, my laptop, which was closed, announced that if I attempted my password again I would be locked out. Or something along those lines (I was mostly asleep). I woke to the recovery password screen. I recently changed my admin password and I have...
  3. Strange activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange activation issue: Hello I had just purchased a used Motherboard on E bay and in order to test it out before using in a new PC I set up a temporary system on the bench with a clean Hard drive and installed Windows 10 pro (1809) from a MS download ISO from a bootable USB stick. It all went well...
  4. Windows Pro Activation Not Happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro Activation Not Happening: Hello All, My computer came with Windows Home Single Language Version. Since I need multiple language versions I purchased the upgrade to Windows Pro through the Windows Store for $99. It upgraded and everything went smoothly. I now have my two languages. BUT (there is...
  5. Something strange happened with Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Something strange happened with Google Chrome: I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but all of a sudden the taskbar shortcut opened to this, [img] I created a shortcut to my desktop and when I click on it it...
  6. Strange happening today with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange happening today with Malware: I powered on my desktop and my Hitman Pro Scheduled Quick Scan when I first power on it flagged up a suspicious file which I deleted and the restarted the pc. When I signed in (with a local account) the screen displayed a message that the pc could not sign in, I suspect my...
  7. Strange display res happening. How to solve?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange display res happening. How to solve?: So for the last day or so, my computer display is showing the 1280x768, however the recommended res is 1440x900. However, after first starting the system, I have the 1280x768, and the 1440x900 isn't showing as an option. I have to restart my computer, and the 1440x900...
  8. Strange USB happening after KB3124262 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange USB happening after KB3124262 update: After installing KB3124262 when I plug in an USB disk drive or an USB Flash stick it shows up twice in File Explorer with same drive letter and in Device Manager under Disk Drives and under Portable Devices. This is on both my Desktop and my Laptop. They work fine it's just...
  9. Strange things happening since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening since last upgrade: My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use...
  10. Strange happening when shutting down Win10 today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange happening when shutting down Win10 today.: My Win10 has been working well but today when i was shutting my system down, i received a strange notice that something went wrong, and the computer had to restart. It went through restarting and after a while i read please wait, after waiting around 20 minutes, i unplugged...