Windows 10: Strange activity happening on the computer.

Discus and support Strange activity happening on the computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gary Wisdom, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Strange activity happening on the computer.

I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders automatically created within that have incomprehensible names and impossible modification dates (see picture for reference). I am unable to delete them and unable to delete the folder they are in. Anybody know what is causing this?

Strange activity happening on the computer. 400a4808-01c7-42f1-8577-a4aa29e16cd9?upload=true.png

:)

Gary Wisdom, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Odys Win User

Computer freezes for a few seconds, strange disk activity

From time to time, around once in two days, the computer freezes for around 5 or 10 seconds.

During that time, I can move the mouse but thats it. No application interaction and no keyboard response.

While investigating this, I noticed the following behavior in the task manager. The ssd seems to behaving in a weird way. 100% active with zero data transfers.

Strange activity happening on the computer. PSA3Z.png

Zero read/write and 100% active. This is odd to me.

To further investigate the issue I used the SSDlife utility but the results suggest that the disk is healthy.

Strange activity happening on the computer. vFVDi.png

Some notes that might help:

• No devices connected to the laptop
    • Laptop touchpad and bluetooth also disabled
    • Only a usb mouse connected
    • No camera, sound or other devices used during that time
    • No other strange laptop behavior

What can cause such a behavior or how can I further investigate the issue?

3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Superfly Win User

Strange activity happening on the computer.

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Sorry if I did not make it clear - that is an illegal activation method - that xspace server must have been taken down by MS.

Superfly, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Strange activity happening on the computer.

1. Strange activity happening on the computer. - Similar Threads - Strange activity happening

2. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use: This started around 30 to 40 minutes after I installed a software program named BYOND so I could play Space Station 13. During gameplay of space station 13 the mouse would temporarily stop working and the hardware remove sound would play like dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dun...
  3. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use: This started around 30 to 40 minutes after I installed a software program named BYOND so I could play Space Station 13. During gameplay of space station 13 the mouse would temporarily stop working and the hardware remove sound would play like dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dun...
  4. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Strange happenings in my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange happenings in my PC: Hello,There have been some strange happenings in my PC like:Asking for password twice.The screen goes black and I feel it will load soon as my desktop wallpaper is black. But instead it loads into lock screen and I end up entering the password twice. 2. Office apps open on...
  6. Strange activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange activity: Good day there is a strange activity on my computer. I can’t work with my applications because the calculations are constantly breaking or the folders on the computer are rearranged or the working files in the programs that I use are replaced. Could you tell me who was...
  7. Strange things happening at bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening at bootup: When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in...
  8. strange problem happened to me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange problem happened to me: Hello Everyone. I had a problem with my laptop before 3 days. I was working on my laptop and suddenly my laptop went down, I turned it on and it kept restarting for 30 minutes and failed to boot up. after that I recognized something is wrong and tried to fix it somehow....
  9. Something strange happens with wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something strange happens with wallpaper: Sometimes the desktop icons starting to leave black squares or smth behind them and after refreshing background turns black... screenshots https://imgur.com/a/i11wODk submitted by /u/alangetar [link] [comments]...
  10. Strange happening today with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange happening today with Malware: I powered on my desktop and my Hitman Pro Scheduled Quick Scan when I first power on it flagged up a suspicious file which I deleted and the restarted the pc. When I signed in (with a local account) the screen displayed a message that the pc could not sign in, I suspect my...