Windows 10: Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10.

Discus and support Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed a strange artifact or aliasing around the edges of all windows since my last reboot. What is going on here, and how to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikezander, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10.

Hello,

I noticed a strange artifact or aliasing around the edges of all windows since my last reboot. What is going on here, and how to fix it?

Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10. 663a4092-b203-40ec-bdbe-33af2dfb0849?upload=true.png

:)

mikezander, Sep 26, 2020

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2020
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10.

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10.

1. Strange aliasing appears around window edges in Win 10. - Similar Threads - Strange aliasing appears

2. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange shapes appear in Windows 10: I have a problem with the appearance of strange shapes as in the picture, and they appear and then disappear repeatedly, and they also disappear after scrolling on themI had Windows 7 and it did not have this problem, but after installing Windows 10 it appeared...
  3. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange shapes appear in Windows 10: I have a problem with the appearance of strange shapes as in the picture, and they appear and then disappear repeatedly, and they also disappear after scrolling on themI had Windows 7 and it did not have this problem, but after installing Windows 10 it appeared...
  4. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange issue with the clock and icons around it

Strange issue with the clock and icons around it: Hello, Just have a brand new Windows 10 installation and after 2 days an issue appeared with the clock and icons around it, it is a bit messy and there's a white vertical bar with a little black arrow inside, if I click on that the white bar moves to the left of all icons...
  6. Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app: I have set up four email aliases in my Microsoft account - 2 outlook.com and 2 icloud.comI can send email using the icloud.com aliases when in Outlook.com webmail, but in the Windows 10 mail app, only the two outlook.com aliases appear as being able to send email from.Is...
  7. Strange Icon Appearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Icon Appearing: Hello, Recently I am seeing the icon appearing on my desktop when logging on after a restart/shutdown or period of inactivity, and I have never seen this before, does the community here know what it means, and more importantly how I can make it stop appearing. The icon...
  8. Aliases

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Aliases: I am trying to add an email account as an alias on my account, but it keeps telling me that this email address is already taken, to please try another one. It is my email! There are 2 alternatives - create a new email address and add it as an alias, or add an existing email...
  9. Strange pixels appear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange pixels appear: Hello, these pixels started appearing while I have no idea what they are! I tried updating graphics drivers but they appeared no matter. Help me, please! [ATTACH]...
  10. Win 10 Appearance

Win 10 Appearance: Hello, Cannot resize text, cannot bring back color, how can I bring back the 3D view of opened windows, menus, buttons ? When I click on the most left (windows icon) in the task bar, I get allso some colored icons, what are they, how to hide them, how to restore them ? Pls...