Windows 10: Strange app hang issue on a new build.

Discus and support Strange app hang issue on a new build. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I’m having a strange issue with my PC that I just can’t seem to solve by myself. Before I start, I want to say that I have been a tech for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaggMuchScott, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Strange app hang issue on a new build.

Hey guys, I’m having a strange issue with my PC that I just can’t seem to solve by myself. Before I start, I want to say that I have been a tech for many years now and I have tried all the obvious solutions. With that said I will explain the issue, post screen shots, log files and things I have tried so far. Also, this is a new PC build.

Here is the issue in a nutshell.

After building a new computer I installed windows 10 from disk, build 1803. I ran all the updates to build 1809 and all other patches. I then installed Nvidia drivers, Steam, Blizzard, TS3 and a program called iCUE for my corsair key/mouse/headset. Everything seemed to be running fine at first. I later found that the COD4 and Blizzard app was causing a random reboot. Not a crash per say but a proper reboot. After reading about it I found that my PSU was not playing well with my APC/UPS and it was to small for the large power draw my computer pulls. That’s when it all began. After eliminating the USP and fixing the random reboot issue I noticed that when playing a steam game “Rocket League” My Xbox controller was taking about 2-3 minutes to respond after loading the game. So, I searched for “setup USB game controllers” and when it opened it also hangs, opens after 2-3 minutes and sits in a not responding state. Then I closed Steam from the task bar and tried to restart it. It also took about 2-3 minutes to respond. Here is where it gets strange. I rebooted the computer and was able to open the controller control panel app and steam auto started with no issue. I then, out of curiously opened the controller app again and boom. Still not responding. Steam was also only loading correctly on auto start after reboot, hanging if closed and reopened. My first idea was corruption. So, I ran SFC /Scannow with the windows disk in the drive and it indeed found bad files. Rebooted and the issue was still there. So, since it was a new build, I decided to do a fresh reinstall. On the clean install with nothing but Video and board drivers installed the controller app issue continued. I tried steam again and still the same issue with steam as well. Fresh clean install must be hardware, right? Well it all passes tests. So, I’m perplexed.

List of things I have tried:

Multiple Windows 10 Pro OS reloads. Both Repair and format reinstall.

New Xbox controller and USB Cables/Ports

Memory test (memtest86) = Pass

Harddisk test both scandisk and gwscan = Pass

Old and new Nvidia Video Drivers.

Xbox apps from Microsoft.

All Windows update, main board and other manufacture driver updates.

Everything is set to default, no overclocking or third-party software.

Updated Main board BIOS to the New one (was old) and all peripheral firmware updated.

Event viewer LOG are as follows

There are so many of these but these two are common.

Error: Failed to add firewall exception for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe

This is the log I get when the controller app fails

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: AppHangTransient

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: shell32.dll

P2: 10.0.17763.168

P3: caf2f2df

P4: unknown

P5: unknown

P6: unknown

P7: unknown

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD70C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD71D.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD71C.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD72C.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: ff926cc9-fdd1-4a18-8fc6-44d721ab0af2

Report Status: 2049

Hashed bucket:

Build list

10.0.17763 Build 17763

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF

8x2 Gig Gskill TridentZ pc-19200

Intel 8700k unlocked 3.7 ghz

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe m.2 1TB

EVGA 1000 GQ PSU

Thanks for any assistance…..

:)

LaggMuchScott, Dec 21, 2018
  2. BarbaricSoul, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Strange app hang issue on a new build. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Strange app hang issue on a new build.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Strange app hang issue on a new build.

1. Strange app hang issue on a new build. - Similar Threads - Strange app hang

2. Running into issues with a new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into issues with a new build: I recently built a system for a family member and he has been running into issues ever since. His main issues at the moment are CTDs, so my first instinct is a graphics card problem, but I haven't run into many build problems, so this troubleshooting process is completely new...
  3. Running into issues with a new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running into issues with a new build: I recently built a system for a family member and he has been running into issues ever since. His main issues at the moment are CTDs, so my first instinct is a graphics card problem, but I haven't run into many build problems, so this troubleshooting process is completely new...
  4. New Build Keeps Hanging Several Event ID's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build Keeps Hanging Several Event ID's: I recently built my first computer. I've updated all my drivers and the computer runs amazing... expect that it will randomly freeze, and I have to restart. I have several Event ID's and I can't make heads or tails of them. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I think...
  5. New Build Keeps Hanging Several Event ID's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Build Keeps Hanging Several Event ID's: I recently built my first computer. I've updated all my drivers and the computer runs amazing... expect that it will randomly freeze, and I have to restart. I have several Event ID's and I can't make heads or tails of them. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I think...
  6. Hanging or Crashing Apps Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hanging or Crashing Apps Issue: Hello. This issue in my laptop windows 10 has been around for 2 days already in which I can't open any Microsoft related apps. After several hours, my Chrome also has not been working properly. Whenever I open YouTube or Facebook, my Chrome hangs and doesn't work anymore. I...
  7. Strange Hang on system reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Hang on system reboot: So this has happened a cpl of times recently. First time I forgot to look at the time on my pc so was hard to see in event viewer. My clock was stuck at 330 this afternoon, event viewer says the system rebooted unexpectedly at 330. Yet its 715pm and my computer was still...
  8. Strange Partitions after W10 install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Partitions after W10 install on new build: I've just built a new PC and installed W10 from a USB after using the W10 creation tool on my old build. Everything seemed to install fine but I noticed some quirks (like start button and key not doing anything) so I decided to do a reset. That completed but now I've...
  9. New build issue with installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New build issue with installation: Hi all I just got my last few parts for my build and now am having trouble with the installation of the os and other needed things. I have a MSI z270-a pro motherboard a msi gtx GeForce 8970 gpu i3-7100 7th gen cpu 16 gb of ddr4 ram and a current 1 tb ssd these are all...
  10. Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build: Hello Tenforums, yesterday I finished building this PC on all new hardware aside from my videocard and PSU. Since then I’ve had a wide range of issues. I initially started on a Windows 7 installation where I was experiencing a wide range on issues. Freezes seemed to occur...