Windows 10: Strange apps in my deskbands.

Discus and support Strange apps in my deskbands. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't know what the cause of this is, these strange apps appeared in my deskbands. At first I didn't think much of them, but I noticed that there are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stahlhelm, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Stahlhelm Win User

Strange apps in my deskbands.

I don't know what the cause of this is, these strange apps appeared in my deskbands. At first I didn't think much of them, but I noticed that there are more of them now. What could this be? Some sort of virus? It says that it's some sort of SIM application, but I have a suspicion that they're not. I can't open any one of them.

Strange apps in my deskbands. 9d565f1b-7c10-41fd-88a4-bc7876792bfe?upload=true.png

:)

Stahlhelm, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

DeskBand Controls

*Thumbs

Strange apps in my deskbands. [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 23, 2021
  3. xips Win User
    DeskBand Controls

A plugin to put your FB2K controls in the taskbar is foobar2000 Deskband Controls plugin. It is intense like foobar and works well with you when you're trying to get something done efficiently in this multitasking world.

4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Strange apps in my deskbands. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Strange apps in my deskbands. - Similar Threads - Strange apps deskbands

2. Strange App On Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange App On Computer: so i found this app on my computer but i cannot delete it or modify it. Don't know what it does or what it is.And also says that it has a size of 1.53TBCan someone help me?...
  3. Strange App On Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange App On Computer: so i found this app on my computer but i cannot delete it or modify it. Don't know what it does or what it is.And also says that it has a size of 1.53TBCan someone help me?...
  4. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  5. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  6. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Strange app icons

Strange app icons: Hi, I was using my laptop when I noticed strange app icons when I clicked win button. It looked creepy. What's that, is it a bug? My win version: 10.0.18362. It appeared on the random apps and disappeared after a minute, should I be worried about this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Fast startup wipes quick launch and deskbands

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup wipes quick launch and deskbands: Every time I shutdown with fast startup turned on, the quick launch and deskbands on the taskbar disappear on the next boot. Any ideas? 122695
  9. Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps

Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps: The apps had access to Private and Public and are called: DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters) DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters) DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP - (long string of numbers and letters) DNS...
  10. Strange App

Strange App: Anyone know what this App is (red arrow)? It's on my Administrator's Start Menu, but not my Standard's Start Menu. And I cannot get rid of it! 101995