Windows 10: Strange arrow signs on folders

Discus and support Strange arrow signs on folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 there appeared arrow signs on folders: [ATTACH] What are these, and how can I get rid of them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by beka_, Aug 14, 2019.

1. beka_ Win User

Strange arrow signs on folders

After updating Windows 10 there appeared arrow signs on folders:

Strange arrow signs on folders 71c3091d-a6a1-4050-8fca-b90facd30922?upload=true.jpg

What are these, and how can I get rid of them?

:)

beka_, Aug 14, 2019

2. Change from arrows to plus signs next to folder in Files Explorer in Windows 10

How to change from arrows to plus signs next to folder in Files Explorer in Windows 10.

AlanBinegar, Aug 14, 2019
  3. tozduman Win User
    Two blue arrows at top right of icons

The files under Desktop folder have same issue. I solved problem using below steps.

• Right click to Desktop folder.
    • Click to Advanced button
    • Unchecked compress contents to save disk spaces. Click Ok, ok and apply
      buttons.

After these steps, arrows should be disappeared and also you can use below command to clear icon cache.

tozduman, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Strange arrow signs on folders

The arrow in sign in screen do not appering in windows 10

Hi Kwan,

In order to further diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Strange arrow signs on folders

1. Strange arrow signs on folders - Similar Threads - Strange arrow signs

2. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange folder: On my Windows 11 PC my data files are on a USB drive E:. I've noticed a strange folder on my Drive E: shown below. I think it might have been installed when I downloaded software Office 2021 from "Helpful Downloads". They don't live up to their name. The folder name starts...
  3. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange folder: On my Windows 11 PC my data files are on a USB drive E:. I've noticed a strange folder on my Drive E: shown below. I think it might have been installed when I downloaded software Office 2021 from "Helpful Downloads". They don't live up to their name. The folder name starts...
  4. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange "???????????" Folder: This folder appeared for awhile. I don't know how it came up. Somehow it only can be seen when you are trying to pick a folder to install a program. I don't know what is it, but is it a threat? And how do I remove it? If someone can answer those questions, I would be really...
  5. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange "???????????" Folder: This folder appeared for awhile. I don't know how it came up. Somehow it only can be seen when you are trying to pick a folder to install a program. I don't know what is it, but is it a threat? And how do I remove it? If someone can answer those questions, I would be really...
  6. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Strange user sign in on Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange user sign in on Printer: Was looking at the credentials today and noticed that after I signed into my printer at some point so did a user named "LastUserName" ? This seems odd as it is not my user account or anyone else that I am aware of. ==...
  8. STRANGE FOLDER AND FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STRANGE FOLDER AND FILES: Today the Action Center on my PC advised me that my computer was running low on disk space. I found a folder on the C Drive named ”99p~5Xi4`}WiqJpb7_” that used up 464GB of space and contained 2343 Files. I have no idea what these files are about and am unable to read them....
  9. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange folder: I just noticed a folder on my desktop that I don't remember seeing before and I was hoping someone might know what it is. I have no idea how long it has been there. The folder is called Welcome Files." The folder contains 50-60 files, none of which make any sense to me. I...
  10. Strange arrow on desktop, interfering with games.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange arrow on desktop, interfering with games.: This morning a strange arrow appeared on my desktop right above my taskbar. When taskbar is visible it does absolutely nothing when I click it. When I'm in Full screen, such as playing a PC game, it remains there and interferes with game functions over about a 10% area of the...