Windows 10: Strange artifacting issue

Discus and support Strange artifacting issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this… I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

:)

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015

2. Zune Software and Windows 10

I have Zune software working for me in windows 10 after an upgrade from windows 8.1, however for myself it seems to be causing a strange issue where my system artifacts whenever it changes song in the software.

AidanCrowther, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Cumulative Update

try a system reset ,keep your personal files and folders and this should be resolved with a new or latest build,started getting some strange dialogue boxes but nothing fit well inside the boxes ,wondering if it was a build artifact from a previous build
    so I cleaned all free space on all 7 drives and did a clean build reset ,the little dialoge box that didn't quite fit disappeared and everything just works perfectly now on build 16199 (beware disc artifacts).have some fun download azure and print 3-d.

dennybechtel, Sep 21, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Drew, do you happen to have another PSU you could try? Also, on your EVGA PSU do you have the double 8 pin or have you run 2 cables to the card?

essenbe, Sep 21, 2015
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    Hey Steve thanks.

Remember this thread: EVGA - What would you pay for PCIE cables?. Anyway it's a direct 4-pin to 4-pin, so that's not an issue. And yeah, the card takes two 4-pin connections...

Strange artifacting issue [​IMG]

As for the power supply, it definitely has plenty of juice. As to whether it's actually supplying enough power, I would think any issue would pop up when gaming or stress testing. That said, I could try my old Antec 850 but that's pretty much swapping PS from one PC to another.

At any rate I'm going to try the new beta Catalyst beta drivers and see what happens. It's just weird that the only time I have this issue is when browsing the net. Something doesn't seem right there.

Thank you Sir, keep em (suggestions) coming *Smile

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    I think what I meant to ask, is your PSU cables have 1 cable with 2 8 pin connectors on it, as well as cables with 1 8 pin connection on it. Are you running 1 cable with 2 8 pins to the GPU or are you using 2 cables? I ask that because I had a 1050W EVGA that would sometimes boot my computer and sometimes not. I RMAd it and the new one did the same thing. When I called, they immediately zeroed in on the Graphics card (also an EVGA). As a test, I had a Seasonic 1050 Watt which did fine. But, the difference was I used 2 8 pin cables instead of the 1 cable with 2 8 pin connections on it. You have a card similar to mine which can pull right at 300 Watts. I'm reasonably sure that 1 cable cannot supply that much. That's all I could figure. EVGA said they tested both PSUs and they both passed all their tests. I Have a new 1050 Watt EVGA PSU now. i'm sure all of that is clear as mud, but I hope you get what I am trying to say. When I first got the PSU I called tech support at EVGA and asked them about the double 8 pin cables. They said sure there's no problem with them.

I am assuming that the issue was the cables, but I can't swear to it though. But, when the computer started, it would run forever without any issue. But starting it was a 2 hour job, if not longer.

essenbe, Sep 21, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Sep 21, 2015
  8. sygnus21 Win User

I'm using two 4-Pin connectors since they are VGA connectors. And that 8-Pin connector is for the CPU anyway and wouldn't (shouldn't) fit the GPU. In fact I actually tried one of those CPU connectors when I was looking for some 4-pin connectors and it wouldn’t fit because they sort of made it idiot proof. I guess they did this because the wiring is set up differently, which is probably why you had your issue.

At any rate I am using the correct, and appropriate amount of connectors (2) for the GPU. However, that doesn't mean I'm ruling out the possibility of a PS issue. That said, I can’t see the PS only going wonky when I browse the net, but…

Anyway I’m just bouncing back and forth which is why I posted my issue here so I appreciate the questions and suggestions.

And yeah, I may post a BSOD file, though I've got no BSOD's.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    That picture shows two 8 pin connectors not 4.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2015
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Yes my mistake, there are two 8-pin connectors; and yes, I'm using two individual 8-pin cables designed for VGA cards.

Sorry for the confusion.

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    No problem, I sort of figured that. If a new driver won't solve the problem, why not try disabling hardware acceleration. I wouldn't think it would matter with just browsing, but it's worth a try. I would think it has to be the driver or the card. Have you tried using a different browser, just for a test?

essenbe, Sep 21, 2015
  12. Had the same issue with my fury x card. Driver update 15.8 beta seems to have fixed it. It's been several weeks and has only happened once right after the update.

arisechicken, Sep 21, 2015
  13. sygnus21 Win User

Really, the way I see it is I shouldn't have to disable anything, nor switch browsers. That said, those suggestions could help isolate the issue. Anyway my (hopeful) suspicion is that this is a driver issue considering this is a newly released card. But yes, it could be cad, driver, or OS related. Hopefully it turns out to be a driver issue cause having to RMA a second card after 37 days is ridiculous, as well as being a pain in the @.. *Mad

Yeah, I'm going to give the beta drivers a try right now. Thanks for the info.

Oh, and I'm going to double-check the cables to make sure they are fully seated and connected.

Until then....

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    I don't disagree with you. It should work right, in any case. Just trying to find a way that makes it work right. Maybe that would give a clue of the underlying problem.

essenbe, Sep 21, 2015
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah Steve, but I don't readily dismiss your suggestions. Unfortunately where this is random, it's hard to readily tell if any of the suggested fixes immediately work. Anyway I'm going to try the new beta drivers and double check those cables.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Strange artifacting issue - Similar Threads - Strange artifacting issue

2. strange scrolling issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    strange scrolling issue: I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps...
  3. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  4. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  5. Strange taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange taskbar issues: Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real...
  6. Strange wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange wifi issue: Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436