Windows 10: Strange audio issues windows 10

Discus and support Strange audio issues windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For better audio quality I use a mixer program called Voicemeeter Banana. This has worked very well for me but strange issues have popped up only to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomW01, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TomW01 Win User

Strange audio issues windows 10

For better audio quality I use a mixer program called Voicemeeter Banana. This has worked very well for me but strange issues have popped up only to go away and then show up again. I have tried uninstalling Voicemeeter and the issues still persist which tells me this is a Windows issue. I have tried everything in fix sound issues windows 10 without success, that is restarting the computer, checking all settings and connections and reinstalling drivers. I even tried installing new Realtek drivers without it fixing the problem.

The issue itself is that audio is very distant and low quality, especially voices in songs or video which are barely audible. This seems to be an issue with balance between the left and right audio channels. If I for example change the balance to 0 left 100 right the audio seems fine although I'm missing the left channel and vice versa. However I do have music from both headphones just that I'm left with a mono mix from just one audio channel which means that music listening is pretty worthless. When the channels are equal the issue presents itself, that is distant audio with barely audible voices.

As I mentioned this is the third time the issue presents itself. The previous two times it again came completely randomly and seemingly not connected to any update. I sat for a few hours trying to debug it and solve it and after countless restarts and reinstalls it just ... worked. I have no idea what I did for it to work as I had taken the same steps countless times. I'm wondering if there is a pinpointable issue here so I can 100% know how to fix it. In the meantime I'll just hope it goes away on its own like it has before.

:)

TomW01, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Strange audio issues windows 10 :(

Zakin, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Strange audio issues windows 10

Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Strange audio issues windows 10

1. Strange audio issues windows 10 - Similar Threads - Strange audio issues

2. Strange Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issues: For over 2 years, I had a G933 headset that worked great. It eventually started repeatedly updating the firmware until the pc no longer could connect to it. I went out and got another headset that ended up sounding very bad. Along with changing some settings in an attempt to...
  3. Strange Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Windows 10 issue: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 2004, and the updates are current as of tonight. Suddenly, when you click things on the Windows desktop, they do not respond. For example if I right click on her desktop, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows start button, I...
  4. Strange audio issue post-2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange audio issue post-2004 update: Couldn't find any clear existing post so I thought it best to start a new one. I have a bit of a strange audio issue ever since the 2004 update dropped; Windows now doesn't seem to like having the same input and output device set for audio. In my setup I have a Roland...
  5. I'm having a strange audio issue

I'm having a strange audio issue: I have the Realtek ALC887 onboard audio. The test button in the sound control panel is the only sound I can hear. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I tried troubleshooting it through windows, and getting the update that it suggested. I tried different versions of the Realtek...
  6. Strange audio problem on Windows 10

Strange audio problem on Windows 10: I keep having this strange problem with any headphones plugged into my computer where the audio doesn't work at all but if I mute then unmute the volume while a sound is playing it magically starts working again, but then if I stop the audio on my computer and then try and...
  7. Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.: So I used a speaker and a headset, one for normal use and one for chatting with my mates. Because I didn't want the hassle of replugging it in everytime I want to use it, I got an audio splitter and plugged both in. Worked like a charm. Then today, for fear of the...
  8. Strange windows 10 issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange windows 10 issues.: Everytime I try to do video streaming via crunchyroll there are some strange times that the video player will stop loading entirely. At first I thought it was the app entirely, but then after I close it, None of my apps will open, can't shut down/restart and only way I can is...
  9. Strange Audio issue. Help please.

Strange Audio issue. Help please.: So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until about as I mentioned a day ago as of this posting. I am running the latest driver build for audio and I am on W10 Home CU...
  10. Very strange audio issue on Windows 10

Very strange audio issue on Windows 10: Hey everyone. Just a month ago I bought a new PC built at an Alternate store in my own country. The specs are an Intel i5 6400 core, 16GB of RAM, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, and 120GB of SSD + 1TB of storage. My audio seems to be managed by Realtek audio....