Windows 10: strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings

Discus and support strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, since ive installed windows 10 on my macbook, ive had a few driver problems. one really annoying one is sound. it works but the options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xemnes, Jul 30, 2015.

1. xemnes Win User

strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings

hello, since ive installed windows 10 on my macbook, ive had a few driver problems. one really annoying one is sound. it works but the options in playback devices are missing such as the enhancements. i use speaker fill but the option is completely missing... my driver is a cirrus logic cs4206a (ab11)

i keep hearing odd jumps in the volume since i upgraded to windows 10 and its really annoying... it sounds very quiet so i turn up the volume then suddenly parts of the audio is really loud... its like something is auto-adjusting but doing an extremely bad job at it.
    its either my old driver which ive yet to find an update for or its windows... i reckon speaker fill would eliminate the problem if i had access to it.

anyone else have this issue and have managed to solve it?

:)

xemnes, Jul 30, 2015

2. Disable all audio enhancements missing in windows 10

Hi,

in previous versions of windows there was a setting for disabling all audio enhancements in audio device settings,

it is gone in windows 10, and i have a strange problem, that even when no sounds effects are turned on in windows or realtek settings, I can hear low frequencies of my sounds are boosted.

In win 8.1 i just turned off all sound enhancements, which fixed it.

I cant find registry value for this option.

Could it be somehow activated?

I installed latest realtek audio HD drivers

BorisVitázek, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    the audio in my PC with Windows 10 is not working

Hi, if you don't see the enhancements tab then hopefully someone with the realtek audio device will be able to tell you where to look under its settings for audio enhancements.

You could try looking under Environment to see if there is any similar setting to audio enhancements.

Time Lady, Jul 30, 2015
  4. strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings

I've done everything under the sun to fix this. I too, am missing those tabs plus speaker fill now. The only option I can have is the Stereo option, which sounds like the audio is coming from a box.

I have a thread about this too, but it's being neglected entirely. I even have the absolute latest Realtek Audio update. All the good options are gone, and so is the good audio.

paperjelly, Jul 30, 2015
  5. xemnes Win User
    so its not just my driver that has the issue then, thats good to know. i hope theres a fix....

xemnes, Jul 31, 2015
  6. I called Microsoft Tech Support yesterday and even they were baffled. They took control of my PC, and had no clue.

They penciled me in for a call from one of their "super tech people" for tomorrow morning, but it's as if they've never run into this problem.

paperjelly, Jul 31, 2015
  7. xemnes Win User
    im actually in a queue right now to speak to tech support. lets see if i have any luck

xemnes, Jul 31, 2015
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

I am having a lot of trouble with sound too. Using a Sound Blaster Recon 3Di (onboard audio). I have installed the drivers that came with my mainboard CD. They were for Win7/8 but they installed without issues. I am noticing a lot of volume oddities specially under L4D2. And today playing Dead Island Riptide the game suddenly went mute. Sometimes when I plug headphones in volume adjustents don't work at all.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. strange audio, missing enhancements in audio settings - Similar Threads - strange audio missing

2. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  3. Enhancement tab in Audio settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancement tab in Audio settings: HeyCurrently having a small but very annoying problem with my mic audio, there is a constant crackling/static sound from the mic and i've tried reading up on tips on how to solve this where many recommend going into the Enhancement tab. I am using a RØDE Podmic, i've tried...
  4. Audio Enhancement Missing, Blank and or NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Enhancement Missing, Blank and or NOT WORKING: I know I'm gonna get some bot response, but none the less I will ask.. Why is the damn audio enhancement tab so finicky in Windows?? Half the time its missing completely, the other half its blank as shown below, the other times its there BUT actually isn't working properly.....
  5. Audio Enhancement Missing, Blank and or NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Enhancement Missing, Blank and or NOT WORKING: I know I'm gonna get some bot response, but none the less I will ask.. Why is the damn audio enhancement tab so finicky in Windows?? Half the time its missing completely, the other half its blank as shown below, the other times its there BUT actually isn't working properly.....
  6. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: I have a Dell Precision 5530 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. It's relatively new, and I noticed there is no audio Enhancements tab for the Speakers/Headphones control window. I've gone through the steps of updating my driver, uninstalling and reinstalling it, contacting Dell...
  7. Audio Enhancement??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Enhancement??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/some_dued_v69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwgwl1/audio_enhancement/
  8. Audio Enhancement "Speaker Fill" Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Enhancement "Speaker Fill" Missing: I have the latest realtek drivers installed and I have every enhancement expect speaker fill. I configured my speakers to 5.1 and the test sound comes out on all speakers but when playing anything they act like 2.1 and I understand the speaker fill allows to have all speakers...
  9. Audio Enhancement Tab is Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Enhancement Tab is Missing: I've tried multiple ways to fix this issue. I've tried to update the drivers, go on my motherboards support page and update the driver, device manager and update the driver, tried downloading drivers from realtek hd themselves but I still can't get any audio enhancements on...
  10. Audio Enhancements Tab Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Enhancements Tab Missing: Hello, I am brand new to these forums and have been wondering why my Audio Enhancements Tab is missing now that i am using Windows 10. I used to have Windows 7 and it worked fine. I have no clue what sound card i have and it doesn't show up in device manager either, i believe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek enhancement tab missing

2. audio enhancements missing since last update