Windows 10: Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close.

Discus and support Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The past 2 times I have used my laptop an audio mixer has popped up. I cant see a way to close it and nothing is showing on task manager as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aduma123, May 29, 2020.

1. Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close.

/u/aduma123, May 29, 2020

2. Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. 3mG3F.png

Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. :(

Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, May 29, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 29, 2020
  4. MileVuk Win User

Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close.

Audio mixer

Toshiba Satellite L50-C

No Audio Mixer .

How can I get it ?

MileVuk, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close.

1. Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close. - Similar Threads - Strange audio mixer

2. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  3. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  4. Audio Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Mixer: My audio mixer keeps changing when i go to google it goes to 100 when im in my game its at 50 it just destroys my ears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-mixer/db761540-ba4e-4e7c-9116-69d165055ab2
  5. Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume?: So I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs on a windows operating system. I’m not extremely computer savvy so if someone could ELI5: All of a sudden when I adjust the audio with the sound button on my keyboard it brings up not only a picture of the volume bar but also a big pop up of...
  6. Audio mixer pop up which cannot be closed and doesnt go away by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio mixer pop up which cannot be closed and doesnt go away by itself: Recently when using my laptop a volume mixer pops up. I do not know where its come from or why its tarting opening. I cant find a way to close it and it doesn't go away on its own. Its quite frustrating as it takes up a significant portion of my screen. Does anyone know what...
  7. strange pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange pop ups: Hi![ATTACH] every time i restart my windows 10 pc i get this pop up. i cant understand what it says but after some time it just disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-ups/d4b67631-0c75-4436-bbbd-260e7eaf9f28"
  8. Strange pop up at start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange pop up at start up: Hello, Whenever I first start up windows 10, something pops up and disappears very quickly by the start button. I’ve managed to get a couple of screen grabs and interested if anyone can shed any light (it pops up above the start button, enlarges, shrinks, then disappears,...
  9. Strange pop up window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange pop up window: ***moved on english forum**** Hello! This window keeps popping up on my screen, and has been doing so for some time. It overrides anything else I have open and it's quite difficult to close. Doesn't look very legitimate to me... Do you know what it is? Any advice on how...
  10. Strange pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange pop up: Hi folks. I just started noticing an unusual occurrence on my windows 10 machine. It started about a month ago. I can not pin point the start of the issue to a specific post install. I will tell you that my machine is up to date with virus and maleware protection. Up to date...