Windows 10: strange background monitor shapes after exiting a game/idling

Discus and support strange background monitor shapes after exiting a game/idling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a monitor S27D390 60Hz 1920x1080 gtx 1050 tiand after idling or finishing playing a game I see stranger shapes on my browser/backgroundlike... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TobiasJiří Bartoš, Jun 14, 2021.

1. strange background monitor shapes after exiting a game/idling

I have a monitor S27D390 60Hz 1920x1080 gtx 1050 tiand after idling or finishing playing a game I see stranger shapes on my browser/backgroundlike let's say i have been idling a picture for 5 minutes and when I look at a white screen then its almost visibleis there any cause? the shape/something will fade away after few minutes without noticing

:)

TobiasJiří Bartoš, Jun 14, 2021
  2. dgard Win User

Black screen after exiting games

Hi all,

Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue.

Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found that disconnecting the HDMI cable from my monitor for a couple of seconds and then plugging it back in results in the correct display.

I've done some Googling and it's been suggested that Windows may be showing me a "ghost display"; that is, a display that it thinks exists, but actually doesn't.

However, I don't believe that is my issue, as in advanced Display Settings, no second monitor is displayed, and one is not detected when I click "Detect". In addition, the Intel HD Graphics application does not show/detect any non-existent device.

It was also suggested that my D-Sub connector may be faulty and thinking that there is a second display when there is not, but connecting a second screen via that port and then playing/exiting a game results in the same issue.

I'm currently at a loss as to what the issue could be, so if anyone has any hints/tips as to what my next steps should be (or, of course, the answer), I'd be grateful for your assistance.

Thanks,
    David

dgard, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Louie Del Win User

strange background monitor shapes after exiting a game/idling

white screen after exiting game

Hi Alex,

Let us isolate your concern to help us determine what's causing the white screen after you exit the game. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes or updates made on your laptop?
    • Did you run the World of Tanks game on the same laptop where you encountered the white screen after exiting the World of Warships?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from restarting the laptop?

We'll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

strange background monitor shapes after exiting a game/idling

1. strange background monitor shapes after exiting a game/idling - Similar Threads - strange background monitor

2. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange shapes appear in Windows 10: I have a problem with the appearance of strange shapes as in the picture, and they appear and then disappear repeatedly, and they also disappear after scrolling on themI had Windows 7 and it did not have this problem, but after installing Windows 10 it appeared...
  3. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange shapes appear in Windows 10: I have a problem with the appearance of strange shapes as in the picture, and they appear and then disappear repeatedly, and they also disappear after scrolling on themI had Windows 7 and it did not have this problem, but after installing Windows 10 it appeared...
  4. Strange shapes appear in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  6. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  7. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Strange fan or clock-shaped icon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange fan or clock-shaped icon: Yesterday, I found this strange icon in my lock screen. Is that an error or something? Need your HELP.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-fan-or-clock-shaped-icon/16ec7e7c-86cc-4d58-8186-8af693a90204
  9. BSOD after exit game.

BSOD after exit game.: Hi, Recently I have BSOD (Critical Process Die) very often after exit/quit games and these only occurs with Rainbow Six, Escape From Tarkov and Black Desert Online. Please help me. Thank you very much Winver 1903 Here is my link to my log file :...
  10. BSOD after exiting games

BSOD after exiting games: This very same BSOD is back again :/ Last time, it used to freeze everything and then crash. Now, after exiting a game, the screen turns black and flickers from being turned on to off. Then it greets me with a very nice BSOD, with either VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or...