Windows 10: Strange Battery Issue

Discus and support Strange Battery Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using my new Pavilion x360 laptop last night for a few hours while plugged in. The battery was at 100%. This is a new laptop that had Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeaconFrost, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Strange Battery Issue

I was using my new Pavilion x360 laptop last night for a few hours while plugged in. The battery was at 100%. This is a new laptop that had Windows 10 Home installed from a clean install. I shut the laptop off (completely off) around 11:00 PM. So today, I get home from work at 5:00 PM and turn on the laptop. My battery was down to 7%. It now says it is charging.

I can't understand why this is happening. I have Fast Startup disabled, so off should be completely off. Is this something to do with Windows 10, or should I look to have my battery replaced?

:)

DeaconFrost, Sep 23, 2015
  2. Furrukh Q Win User

Battery #2 Not Charging (0%), Cable Plugged In [Windows 10]

Hi Sumit,

You are right. I tried the Windows battery report and it was not useful. What I found strange is that the battery was being charged the day before and then it stopped charging. I am going to see if I can get another battery to see if it charges. If yes,
    then it has to be a Windows issues. If no, then you are right, it is a battery issue.

Thanks!

Furrukh Q, Sep 23, 2015
  3. shay2 Win User
    lumia 820 won't charge or turn on

She tryed leaving it plugged in all last night but still failed to turn on, so she removed the battery again and warmed it slightly, the phone turned on when it was replaced, but the battery showed full charge this time. It's strange, is it a battery or
    a phone issue?

shay2, Sep 23, 2015
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Strange Battery Issue

I would say to keep your eye on that battery. It sounds like it could not be holding a charge.
    Of course, one time does not make a pattern, but if it happens again, and/or consistently, then I think you'd have a defective battery.

5. DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange Battery Issue

1. Strange Battery Issue - Similar Threads - Strange Battery Issue

2. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  3. Strange taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange taskbar issues: Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real...
  4. Strange wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange wifi issue: Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that...
  5. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  6. Very Strange Battery Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very Strange Battery Report: I've noticed something very strange about my battery life report... Since buying the laptop in 2016 the full charge capacity has dropped from 92,157mWh to 66,883mWh. I understand this is normal and I've been checking it every month or so to track its decrease (average...
  7. Laptop Battery Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Strange Behavior: Recently, I noticed a strange behavior in my laptop's battery. Whenever it is plugged it shows 100% charge but when I unplugged it, it went down to 0 and then computer shut down. I kept it unplugged and then restart the laptop. It started up despite all warnings about the...
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436