Windows 10: Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed

Discus and support Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, folks, one thing gave me lots of headaches last week. It is about LibreOffice program, which is opening the spread sheet and draw files extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ivan Petrov, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed

Hi, folks, one thing gave me lots of headaches last week.

It is about LibreOffice program, which is opening the spread sheet and draw files extremely slow. Task manager says that LO is not responding for a few seconds and then after 20 or even more seconds, the file is finally opened.
    I have read a lot for this problem, which turned to be common. Somebody wrote on another forum, that that's connected to the printer. I decided to try to uninstall the HP Smart app /dedicated for HP printers/ and voila, now all files associated with LO are back to normal. Will stuck with the built-in Microsoft printer driver.

What is exactly the reason, with 20H2 and latest updates of OS and LO, not heavy LO files, will remain a mistery for me.

What do you think, any thoughts?

Hope that this info could help other folks in this forum.

:)

Ivan Petrov, Dec 14, 2020

2. Strange led behavior and more in 5800

YES!

Only yesterday I discovered that my daughter used brightlight (the torch) ... under the rain! This happened a couple of days before the strange behavior begun !!

I'm sorry I wasted your time (and mine too ...), but I didn't know this fact when I posted previous messages!

Thanks to everybody!

giiovalazz, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Ralph San Win User
    Strange behavior

Hi Bart,

Your user profile might be corrupted that's why Windows indicated that you're not connected to the internet even though you are. Let's try to create a new user profile, and check if issue persists. Kindly follow the steps provided in this support article:

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure so we can assist you further.

Ralph San, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed

Strange behavior of the Start menu

You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway
    it appears with the right icon, the one defined by the shortcut. If this entry list is pinned to the start screen, it appears with the icon of the exe file, not the one of the shortcut. Second strange behavior. I regret all this. The start menu of W10 lost
    something very important in the W7 and previous versions. The ability to create a hierarchical menu : one for internet, one for multimedia, one for office programs etc… The actual start menu is a real mess compared to what could be done in W7. This can be
    partly solved by the start screen : it’s possible to create folders, one for internet, one for multimedia ad so on, and the folders can contain pinned tiles to the right programs. Anyway, its’ completely impossible to create several shortcuts to the same program.
    For example one for starting the browser to one a website, one for starting it to another website and so on. Personally, I solve this by using an alternate shell able to manage several shortcuts to the same program… and to choose the icon. Anyway, this behavior
    of the start menu remains very strange, and makes the start menu of W10 less usable than the ones of the previous versions of windows (not W8 of course which was a complete failure).

mgrmgrmgrmgr, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed

1. Strange behavior discovered in LibreOffice and hopefully fixed - Similar Threads - Strange behavior discovered

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  6. Strange keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange keyboard behavior: Running windows 10 64bit latest update 1909 Build 18363.778 Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard with the MS Mouse and Keyboard Tools Software installed. Physical Keyboard layout = German QWERTZ with german Umlauts OS language is set to English, I had the...
  7. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  8. Strange laptop behavior...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange laptop behavior...: Lately my laptop has been acting very strange. Sometimes when I log in or restart my laptop when it opens the desktop background is the default, and I'm not logged into chrome. It is like I'm opening a new laptop. The files and music I download is gone and the games I have...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...