Windows 10: Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...

Discus and support Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was uninstalling certain programs from my computer recently to clean up my computer. It was only a handful of programs like maybe between 5-8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrancisKi, May 12, 2020.

1. FrancisKi Win User

Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...

I was uninstalling certain programs from my computer recently to clean up my computer. It was only a handful of programs like maybe between 5-8 programs. After that, I cannot many of my other programs.

When opening their shortcuts, it says "The item 'ProgramName.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been change or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?". The first time this happened was with firefox. So I installed it again on my pc. But it did not happen with Chrome. Later I opened another application and I was greeted with the same message. But I cannot reinstall that software because I got the software from school.

Now I'm a little scared. I started opening other programs. Some opens. Some dont. I checked my Program Files directory. It is empty except for some default windows programs folders. There are some other folders left but the program in them are gone. For example, 7zip and Android for Android Studio folders are there, but no program or program files other than some empty folders. I checked the Program Filesx86 folder. It looks fine with all the programs intact. The programs that do open were from Program Files x86 and programs that dont open were from just Program Files because they just vanished.

I do not know why or how all of my other programs got uninstalled. Please help me recover all of my programs back. If this is a bug with Windows, I would like to report it. Is there a log where I could show what I have uninstalled and the list of programs I had before? Could anyone help me get all the details to report it?

:)

FrancisKi, May 12, 2020

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 12, 2020
  3. rezpower Win User
    Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, May 12, 2020
  4. Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...

1. Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program... - Similar Threads - Strange behavior Everything

2. UNinstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNinstall program: Cant uninstall my net bean 8.1 program screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-program/7bbd4db6-b375-4480-943b-c057b0192719
  3. Program Uninstall

Program Uninstall: Hello,I have installed a program, but as I was uninstalling it, it opened the app. Due to this, I used Ashampoo Uninstaller 12 to uninstall it. The app was uninstalled, but in the control panel's "uninstall a program" tab, the app was still showing. Image below :-...
  4. Uninstall a program without any program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall a program without any program files: I accidentally and unintentionally installed an adware called MusiCalm. I directly deleted the program files located in users/Edward/appdata/roaming, without going into the windows program list and uninstalling it there. Now, I can't remove it from my programs list, and every...
  5. Strange program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange program: obviousvarade.exe does anyone know what what this program does, it is running on my PC and I am unable to stop it, it just restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-program/0a962c89-9b77-4056-ac28-d13cf7f6b7a3
  6. Program will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program will not uninstall: I have found the program Carbonite (a cloud backup app) really slows down my computer. Yet when I attempt to uninstall it, nothing happens. I have tried the uninstall in settings as well as control panel. The program is occupying disc space yet I cannot open it. I am...
  7. Program Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program Uninstall: I replaced my Windows 7 with 10. I then had to upgrade my version of Quicken because it was not compatible. I tried downloading it but it will not allow me to. It says I have to uninstall the old version. It is not in my programs. Help....
  8. Uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall a program: How do I delete an old printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program/290ecc1f-4d57-4907-8150-c5a1c625f4bf
  9. Strange file saving behavior

Strange file saving behavior: Weird stuff. *Mad All of a sudden I cannot save files to my HD that were scanned though Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (Distiller). The files scan fine but when I try to save them from Acrobat 5 to the HD it says file cannot be saved. Things were working fine last month. I CAN save it...
  10. Program's Behavior

Program's Behavior: Hello, Have two questions: 1. Downloaded some small video editing program, named "Smart Cutter", downloaded the portable version, unzipped it into a folder, sent a shortcut to the desktop. It works nice (when it does not crash), but every time I push the button to start it,...