Windows 10: Strange behavior including no right click menus on command

Discus and support Strange behavior including no right click menus on command in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the last few days my laptop has had strange behavior. I didn't install any new software, but the issues have rapidly escalated. First the machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Prajna1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Prajna1 Win User

Strange behavior including no right click menus on command

For the last few days my laptop has had strange behavior. I didn't install any new software, but the issues have rapidly escalated.

First the machine started shutting down when I put it to sleep instead of going to sleep. And it never shut down properly, so really more like crashing when put to sleep by closing the lid or choosing sleep from windows menu.

I responded by no longer using sleep, and just manually shutting down whenever I was going to be away from the computer for more than an hour.

Then it started randomly opening right click menus. I could be watching a video on YouTube and all the sudden a right click menu would open. It also stopped opening right click menus when I actually select right click.

Then it stopped responding to my navigation with the mouse, either the built in one or my external mouse, and I could only navigate with tab and enter keys. Even control alt delete was not functioning properly half the time. Many times I could only get the computer to unfreeze by holding down the power button until the machine turned off.

I've run F12 diagnostics and it says the hardware has no issues. I've run Windows troubleshooters and they say nothing is wrong. I've restarted Explorer, uninstalled alienware software, deleted some registry entries related to right click menus, checked for updates for mouse drivers, run Hitman antivirus and Windows Defender. Everything says nothing is wrong, but it's still not letting me right click intentionally, still sometimes won't let me change windows, and generally ignores either the internal or external mouse periodically.

Any ideas what is the source of this problem?

:)

Prajna1, Feb 10, 2019

2. Strange behavior of taskbar menu

Since i've installed latest updates strange behavior of taskbar menu appears: context menu called by right mb click doesn't work. Also I can't invoke search and left mb click on start doesn't work.

HOw can i solve this issue?

ПремьерВзлет, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Strange behavior including no right click menus on command

Apps and Features menu item: Strange Behavior

In the Apps and Features dialogue window of the System Settings menu, grey bars appear over the apps as the window is scrolled, obscuring the app icons and descriptions. Sometimes the grey bars disappear, and the app can be seen. At other times, the grey
    bars obscure the apps which cannot be seen nor accessed.

By default, Apps and Features dialogue window will "display" the full list of apps. The grey-bar behavior occurs only when the full list is displayed. Upon narrowing the list -- through the search feature -- the selected list of apps' display normally.
    To the best of my knowledge, this behavior does not occur anywhere else in the Windows system menus.

I deleted all the iconcaches via the Windows CLI, which did not resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

*Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

BobRobertJr, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Strange behavior including no right click menus on command

1. Strange behavior including no right click menus on command - Similar Threads - Strange behavior including

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  7. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  8. Right Click behavior strange

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click behavior strange: So this program may be a huge godsend for me. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35460 I am using this to play an MMO where you have multiple characters going at once. Problem is when I try to rotate the...
  9. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...
  10. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411