Windows 10: Strange behavior noticed lately Win 10 ver 1909 18363.1139, AND RANT

Discus and support Strange behavior noticed lately Win 10 ver 1909 18363.1139, AND RANT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; . *Confused Today I log on, computer almost instantly goes into automatic backup (which is scheduled for the 15th every month). Cancelled that backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mega10user, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Strange behavior noticed lately Win 10 ver 1909 18363.1139, AND RANT

*Confused Today I log on, computer almost instantly goes into automatic backup (which is scheduled for the 15th every month). Cancelled that backup and turned it off (the auto backup). Now, every time I exit Edge, it says there is a problem and goes through the 'notifying MS' box. Finally, when I plug my scanner (radio scanner) the floppy drive goes into spasms (trying to read/write). I have 'paused' the 2004 update that is being pushed recently (because it was causing network problems associated with disconnecting my WiFi) until more people have had their machines updated to the 2004 version being pushed into their machines, to see if they are having continued problems already posted in the forum. I understand many have had an extremely long update issue with this 2004 update but some are also having issues as well. *Confused

*Sad WTH is MS doing to their flagship? Seems they continue to either get unqualified programmers OR push updates long before fully testing the damn thing. One thing that I have been tracking for months, every time I clear my Edge cache/history the machine sends a large amount of information EVERY TIME! WTH is that for? I suspect it is MS receiving the history of where and when I visit. I have also noticed IE-11 for quite a while before going to Edge due to websites not working with it any more (which I still use while the sites I visit can still process it) also dump data onto the outgoing connection (through my WiFi status window). WHY did my machine go into a backup off schedule? WHY should my floppy activate when I plug something into my USB (scanner cable)? Why does Edge crash lately when closing it? I def am not letting MS update this PC to 2004 until I am confident the damn thing leaves my network (WiFi) connected. *Sad

*Banghead Could MS be pushing to upgrade to 2004 (I keep calling it 2004 since I can't see what I am putting off, hope you understand what I mean) by screwing ppl's equipment through annoying random crapola?? Over 90 MB received by my machine since I closed my connection and came back online just coming into here to vent by questioning the current things I am experiencing. *Banghead

*Sad So, there it is. It's finally piled up to this point. BTW, Malwarebytes continually finds NOTHING on my system that would cause it to do these annoying things. I don't like or have many third party software installed (and those I do have a LONG record of not being malware or spyware which doesn't have any problems running). EVERY PROBLEM I have with this PC and the three laptops is with MS and their crazy stupid ways of updating and patching their expensive crap! *Sad

*Mad BTW, I am LOCKED into windows. I DO NOT WISH TO MOVE TO ANY OTHER OS. Those who reply sarcastically that I should go somewhere else for an OS, bugger off (putting it mildly). Just because you pick apart and find ways to bypass and pick apart MS programs (which might, just might, be why MS is doing this way of updating their OS), doesn't mean I have to. Someone must tell MS their OS isn't working right, someone has to call it out for what it is. Seems every time a new OS comes out, older hardware doesn't work any more, and newer hardware gets buggy. It's like MS wants to push new hardware, hardware folks want to push their new hardware, and back to MS pushing newer OS's (all in cooperation either expressed or 'wink and a nod'). The final really screwed up thing, everyone points their fingers at everyone else when the crapola hits the damn fan (its a hardware issue, its a driver issue, its a programming issue, its a 'hey you need to spend more' issue....). FUBAR and KMA (both all rolled into one!). *Mad

:)

mega10user, Nov 1, 2020

2. Win 10 ver 1909 versus win 10 ver 2004

What is the differences between Win 10 ver 1909 and ver 2004?

RichardSchneider5, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Full Update 1909, 18363.657 Build 18363

Received notice, on my computer, that I needed to take the free update to windows 10 before my current version expired.

I updated, the whole OS on 02/23/2020. Specs:= 1909, 18363.657, Build 18363. I now CANNOT change my default browser identification. Microsoft Edge is set as default, surprise, and I can't seem to change it to anything else, e.g. Firefox

Suggestions???

Joe B...............

JoeBuckhoff_902, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Strange behavior noticed lately Win 10 ver 1909 18363.1139, AND RANT

Windows 10 Full Update 1909, 18363.657 Build 18363

xolani christophersereo, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Strange behavior noticed lately Win 10 ver 1909 18363.1139, AND RANT

1. Strange behavior noticed lately Win 10 ver 1909 18363.1139, AND RANT - Similar Threads - Strange behavior noticed

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  4. Upgraded from Win 10 vers. 1903 to Win 10 vers. 1909 and got problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Win 10 vers. 1903 to Win 10 vers. 1909 and got problems: When a user of the PC logs into my application for the first time, they are able to open it. When they log out of the application and log back into it, it produces an error stating that the application will close and when accepted, the application closes. Rebooting the PC...
  5. Windows 10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363: Hi all, I have a notebook with installed Windows 10 1909 build 18363 Enterprise This is a new installation in a new notebook I work with screenshot Shift+Windos+S for customize manual, etc. But in this new notebook when I take a screenshot it appears with a SID sequence...
  6. Win 10 ver 1909 versus win 10 ver 2004

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win 10 ver 1909 versus win 10 ver 2004: What is the differences between Win 10 ver 1909 and ver 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-ver-1909-versus-win-10-ver-2004/7e3111ac-aa1c-48db-b571-527ba97ea402
  7. Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363: Reinstalled windows due to odd behavior. A few things I find odd have occurred since: all my windows diagnostic folders are empty despite having a folder name looks like they may be being deleted. Two Microsoft virtual wi-fi adapters were deployed despite me not initiating...
  8. Cannot upgrade to Win 10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to Win 10 ver 1909: I am currently running ver 1803 on an HP6030n with an AMD 64X2 4800+ processor. I have tried updating to ver 1909 numerous times and always get the message that windows could not configure some of my devices and goes back to ver. 1803. I have no external devices connected and...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...