Windows 10: Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer

Discus and support Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the update Build 19555.rs_preelease.200127-0900 I have had a strange issue. while working with Windows Explorer. There is a delay when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesSBanks, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer

Ever since the update Build 19555.rs_preelease.200127-0900 I have had a strange issue. while working with Windows Explorer. There is a delay when I perform actions like: Add or Delete a folder or file; Rename a folder or file; Move or Copy a file from one folder to another. Sometimes, it is only a couple of seconds while other times I have to close explorer and go back in.

I have checked task manager and it does not appear to be a system resource issue. My hard drive is solid state and brand new. Has this something to do with changes in windows search or another feature?

Thanks

Charles

:)

CharlesSBanks, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
  3. budi Win User
    Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

4. mixa Win User

Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer

1. Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer - Similar Threads - Strange Behavior Explorer

2. Strange behavior with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behavior with windows 10: I have an HP SFF PC running on Windows 10 and I am unable to utilize the "Windows" icon or even type into the taskbar. I also experience a 3, 15, 1064 error code when attempting to sign into my google account. I AM able to sign into my Google Account from Chrome, but it is...
  3. Strange behavior with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behavior with windows 10: I have an HP SFF PC running on Windows 10 and I am unable to utilize the "Windows" icon or even type into the taskbar. I also experience a 3, 15, 1064 error code when attempting to sign into my google account. I AM able to sign into my Google Account from Chrome, but it is...
  4. Strange behavior with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  6. Strange Windows 10 behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Windows 10 behavior: I just assembled my first gaming PC with AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX6900xt, 16GB RAM and Samsung 1TB SSD. I am experiencing a strange behavior. After playing for about 2 hours, the background windows that were open while I was playing the game started malfunction. The top...
  7. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  8. Strange Behavior With Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Behavior With Windows 10: Good day, Everyone: I have an interesting issue that's been going on for 2 or 3 years with my computer running Windows 10. When I start my computer up from a complete shutdown it seems to boot up with no issues at all; no error messages, no warnings, everything seems fine....
  9. Very strange Windows 10 & File Explorer behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange Windows 10 & File Explorer behavior: Sometimes, when editing/changing a file name in File Explorer the blinking vertical bar cursor does not appear invisible, so I have to use the Backspace key in Edit mode to tell where the cursor is located. Even more bizarre, some times when saving a file to an already...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...