Windows 10: Strange behavior Windows 10 firewall

Discus and support Strange behavior Windows 10 firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have written a tcp client application which shall create a connection to a unix system. I have following strange behavior with activated firewall on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anna123, May 4, 2021 at 6:47 AM.

1. Anna123 Win User

Strange behavior Windows 10 firewall

I have written a tcp client application which shall create a connection to a unix system. I have following strange behavior with activated firewall on windows 10: Thats what I can see in wireshark: My software on Win10 starts the TCP Connection request with a SYN. the unix system sends a SYN, ACK back My software answers with an ACK the unix system terminates with a FIN This repeats all 5 seconds and after 2-3 minutes suddenly the unix system doesnt terminate the connection but accepts it with a PSH, ACK and then the connection is ok and we can exchange data When I deactivate the firewall on windows 10 then the connection works immediately and doesn't need 2-3 minutes. can someone help me what setting in the firewall could cause this? I always thought either it blocks or it blocks not. But this looks strange to me

:)

2. Anna123 Win User

I have written a tcp client application which shall create a connection to a unix system. I have following strange behavior with activated firewall on windows 10:

Thats what I can see in wireshark:
    My software on Win10 starts the TCP Connection request with a SYN.
    the unix system sends a SYN, ACK back
    My software answers with an ACK
    the unix system terminates with a FIN

This repeats all 5 seconds and after 2-3 minutes suddenly the unix system doesn’t terminate the connection but accepts it with a PSH, ACK and then the connection is ok and we can exchange data

When I deactivate the firewall on windows 10 then the connection works immediately and doesn't need 2-3 minutes.

can someone help me what setting in the firewall could cause this? I always thought either it blocks or it blocks not. But this looks strange to me

3. budi Win User
    Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

Strange behavior Windows 10 firewall [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

4. Strange behavior Windows 10 firewall

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 5, 2021 at 3:13 AM
Thema:

1. Strange behavior Windows 10 firewall - Similar Threads - Strange behavior firewall

2. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  3. Strange Behavior With Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Behavior With Windows 10: Good day, Everyone: I have an interesting issue that's been going on for 2 or 3 years with my computer running Windows 10. When I start my computer up from a complete shutdown it seems to boot up with no issues at all; no error messages, no warnings, everything seems fine....
  4. Strange Windows behavior

Strange Windows behavior: Just now I was having difficulty controlling my mouse, so I opted to restart Windows. Instead of a restart I received a warning pop-up that "someone else" is using my computer and did I really want to to restart, as that person's work could be lost.No other person has access...
  5. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  6. Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Behavior Windows 10 Explorer: Ever since the update Build 19555.rs_preelease.200127-0900 I have had a strange issue. while working with Windows Explorer. There is a delay when I perform actions like: Add or Delete a folder or file; Rename a folder or file; Move or Copy a file from one folder to another....
  7. strange terminal behaviors on windows 10

strange terminal behaviors on windows 10: I'm having weird shell behavior in Windows 10. after I compile code (either C or C++ tried so far) using mingw, running that exe for the first time always, will hang for 15-30 seconds, and then run. I've tried doing it in bash, powershell, powershell in vscode, straight up...
  8. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  9. Strange Windows 10 behavior at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Windows 10 behavior at startup: Hello everyone, I'v got a ASUS N73SV laptop on which i upgraded 3 months ago from Windows7 to W10 From now I had no special issues with it, but since 2 days my computer has a abnormal behavior at startups, and depending the startup mode: - When I shutdown it...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...