Windows 10: Strange behavior with print dialog drop-down lists

Discus and support Strange behavior with print dialog drop-down lists in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to print, the drop-downs in the print dialog for selecting the printer, page size, etc. look rather bizarre. The choices in each drop-down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Psiax, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Psiax Win User

Strange behavior with print dialog drop-down lists

When I try to print, the drop-downs in the print dialog for selecting the printer, page size, etc. look rather bizarre. The choices in each drop-down have missing letters. If I then hover the mouse over the list of choices, they appear normally.This is across-the-board, i.e, in any application, and the odd behavior applies to every drop-down list, i.e., selecting the print, paper size, etc.Attached are images to illustrate this, before and after mouse hover.Any suggestions?

:)

Psiax, Oct 2, 2021

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 2, 2021
  3. Drop Lists in Win10

I have several applications that use drop lists that no longer work with the mouse in Windows10. Using the mouse left click does not activate the list of options. Sometimes, you can click in the field and use the keyboard down or up arrow to see the list
    options but that is not always the case. On the same machine, using Excel 2013, I can create a drop list and it works perfectly. Any suggestions?

Michael-Heeney, Oct 2, 2021
  4. JohnG9210 Win User

Printer icons in print dialog boxes

After I upgraded my HP LaserJet printer two icons for the printer now appear in the print dialog boxes-a new one and an old one. Of course, you can’t print to the old one, but some of my programs default to the old one HP informs me this is a Windows 10
    issue since the printer performs well.

When I check Printing Preferences for the printer, two printers appear in the drop down menu: the old one and the new one. Print Server Property lists only one driver.

How can I remove all instances of the old printer from print dialog boxes?

JohnG9210, Oct 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Strange behavior with print dialog drop-down lists - Similar Threads - Strange behavior print

2. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  5. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  7. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  8. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...