Windows 10: Strange Behavior

Discus and support Strange Behavior in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MetalAsFork, May 10, 2020.

1. Strange Behavior

Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page.

Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc.

Restarted in Safe Mode, everything seemed fine.

At login, MS forced me to create a PIN. Tried to bypass it a couple times, finally just gave in and made one.

System is normal now. Scanned, check drive health and everything is good.

Was there some garbage update just recently, or was that something else?

submitted by /u/MetalAsFork
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MetalAsFork, May 10, 2020
  2. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Strange Behavior [​IMG]

Strange Behavior [​IMG]

Strange Behavior [​IMG]

Strange Behavior [​IMG]

Onibot, May 10, 2020
  3. budi Win User
    Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

Strange Behavior [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

4. Strange Behavior

Strange update behavior

I'm trying to figure out why you had to install KB3197954 manually.

1. Did KB3197954 fail to install when offered via Windows Update or didn't you get a chance to install due to the "available updates show up but quickly disappear" behavior?

2. Assuming Win10 is, in fact, installed on the HDD, how much free space is available on the HDD (usually the C drive)? ...the SSD?

3. When, if ever, was the last time you ran Disk Cleanup?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Strange Behavior

1. Strange Behavior - Similar Threads - Strange Behavior

2. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behavior related to Create a Pin: Windows 10Today, when booted up, one of our computers presented us with a full screen message to create a new pin. The message screen looked somewhat like the picture in the article already here, but not exactly. I wasn't present for the whole process, so I can't swear to the...
  3. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behavior related to Create a Pin: Windows 10Today, when booted up, one of our computers presented us with a full screen message to create a new pin. The message screen looked somewhat like the picture in the article already here, but not exactly. I wasn't present for the whole process, so I can't swear to the...
  4. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on dropbox,...
  6. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on dropbox,...
  7. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on...
  8. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on...
  9. Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...: My 9 years Toshibal Satellite L55-A5226 laptop turning 10 this january, as I open it, I waited 10 minutes to load the desktop. Then I opened the chrome with facebook and reddit. Then it takes more than 2 minutes to open properly. I'm get annoyed, so I balanced the power plan...
  10. Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...

Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...: My 9 years Toshibal Satellite L55-A5226 laptop turning 10 this january, as I open it, I waited 10 minutes to load the desktop. Then I opened the chrome with facebook and reddit. Then it takes more than 2 minutes to open properly. I'm get annoyed, so I balanced the power plan...