Windows 10: strange behavior

Discus and support strange behavior in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphmiller_CQ, Mar 8, 2022.

1. strange behavior

in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way.

:)

ralphmiller_CQ, Mar 8, 2022

2. Strange behavior of the Start menu

You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway
    it appears with the right icon, the one defined by the shortcut. If this entry list is pinned to the start screen, it appears with the icon of the exe file, not the one of the shortcut. Second strange behavior. I regret all this. The start menu of W10 lost
    something very important in the W7 and previous versions. The ability to create a hierarchical menu : one for internet, one for multimedia, one for office programs etc… The actual start menu is a real mess compared to what could be done in W7. This can be
    partly solved by the start screen : it’s possible to create folders, one for internet, one for multimedia ad so on, and the folders can contain pinned tiles to the right programs. Anyway, its’ completely impossible to create several shortcuts to the same program.
    For example one for starting the browser to one a website, one for starting it to another website and so on. Personally, I solve this by using an alternate shell able to manage several shortcuts to the same program… and to choose the icon. Anyway, this behavior
    of the start menu remains very strange, and makes the start menu of W10 less usable than the ones of the previous versions of windows (not W8 of course which was a complete failure).

mgrmgrmgrmgr, Mar 8, 2022
  3. Onibot Win User
    Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

strange behavior [​IMG]

strange behavior [​IMG]

strange behavior [​IMG]

strange behavior [​IMG]

Onibot, Mar 8, 2022
  4. budi Win User

strange behavior

Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

strange behavior [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

budi, Mar 8, 2022
Thema:

strange behavior

1. strange behavior - Similar Threads - strange behavior

2. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on dropbox,...
  3. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on dropbox,...
  4. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on...
  5. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on...
  6. Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...: My 9 years Toshibal Satellite L55-A5226 laptop turning 10 this january, as I open it, I waited 10 minutes to load the desktop. Then I opened the chrome with facebook and reddit. Then it takes more than 2 minutes to open properly. I'm get annoyed, so I balanced the power plan...
  7. Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...

Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...: My 9 years Toshibal Satellite L55-A5226 laptop turning 10 this january, as I open it, I waited 10 minutes to load the desktop. Then I opened the chrome with facebook and reddit. Then it takes more than 2 minutes to open properly. I'm get annoyed, so I balanced the power plan...
  8. Why does my laptop become again get slower and more strange behavior happening as I don't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Strange behavior of desktop icons in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behavior of desktop icons in Windows 11.: Hallo everyone!Something happend with my icons today. Yerterday everything was ok and in right sizes but today when a launch my pc it's looks like on attached screen. Two of my icons have strange rectangle around them and their sizes are smaller then before. How to get rig of...
  10. Strange behavior of desktop icons in Windows 11.

Strange behavior of desktop icons in Windows 11.: Hallo everyone!Something happend with my icons today. Yerterday everything was ok and in right sizes but today when a launch my pc it's looks like on attached screen. Two of my icons have strange rectangle around them and their sizes are smaller then before. How to get rig of...