Windows 10: Strange Behaviour copying files

Discus and support Strange Behaviour copying files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is the written description, I don't want to post a bunch of pictures. 5/15/2016 8:15 AM Started copy of C:\windows.old folder to NAS Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Devon Nullman, May 16, 2016.

1. Strange Behaviour copying files

Here is the written description, I don't want to post a bunch of pictures.
    5/15/2016
    8:15 AM Started copy of C:\windows.old folder to NAS Device (\\DL4100\Public\windows.old)
    8:32 AM Reports 13% complete, 46786 items remaining, 5 seconds remaining (8.81 GB)
    8:41 AM Reports 99% complete, 71 Items remaining, 5 seconds remaining (32.1 MB)
    8:50 AM Reports 99% complete, 0 items remaining, 5 seconds remaining (0 bytes)
    8:52 AM Reports 99% complete, 0 items remaining, 5 seconds remaining (0 bytes) - different filename than before
    9:10 AM Reports 99% complete, 0 items remaining, Calculating remaining time - different filename than before
    9:12 AM Reports 45869 File Conflicts, all with same Date and Size, I chose Skip
    9:28 AM Finished:
    Destination Folder contains 92560 Files, 18020 Folders, 19,947,816,261 Bytes (18.5 GB)
    Source Folder (windows.old) 85727 Files, 17564 folders, 18,669,898,458 Bytes (17.3 GB)

Never had anything like that with any other Windows Version, any ideas ?

:)

Devon Nullman, May 16, 2016

2. Very odd behaviour copying files

So nobody except the bot has anything to add ?

Devon Nullman, May 16, 2016
  3. Very odd behaviour copying files

Hello,

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check the details.

Method 1:

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Clean boot.

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 16, 2016
Thema:

Strange Behaviour copying files

1. Strange Behaviour copying files - Similar Threads - Strange Behaviour copying

2. Strange LAN speed behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange LAN speed behaviour: I currently have 3 computers with windows 10 installed (2 laptops and 1 desktop) and I have a contract for Gigabit internet (1000 down/200 up). On the two laptops, using a LAN connection, speed is just fine at around 850/900 mbit/s. My desktop pc is a whole other story For...
  3. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  4. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  5. Store update strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store update strange behaviour: So a little earlier I did my usual routine of boot pc and open store app. I always manually check for updates to apps. One come up for store app itself. I clicked update but rather than do its normal close the store app and re launch on completion store app stayed open. In...
  6. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  7. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  8. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  9. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...
  10. Strange file explorer behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange file explorer behaviour: This is quite odd, but doesn't happen very often, only once or twice a week maybe. I'll have file explorer open, and be using something else, for example chrome, maximised. All of a sudden for no apparent reason the file explorer window appears in foreground! Any ideas what...