Windows 10: Strange behaviour from EA origin app

Discus and support Strange behaviour from EA origin app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Short version Cant get Electronic Arts origin to run on my PC, but installs ok. Long version I did a cleanup on a PC that could not run EA origin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Strange behaviour from EA origin app

Short version
    Cant get Electronic Arts origin to run on my PC, but installs ok.

Long version
    I did a cleanup on a PC that could not run EA origin, or sims 4 after all the usual cleanups inc sfc scannow etc, Origin and sims4 work perfectly. While doing this I noticed that EA were giving away full games under their open house scheme, thought this a good idea....so,installed origin on my PC and when I tried to run it I got a white screen with a rotating black circle.....did all the same cleanup procedures, clean boot etc, bit no improvement....

strangely enough, my Son has an identical build PC, which runs EA origin and games without problem. So I assume this is fixable. I also tried a very old version of origin, but it refused my signin....then tried a slightly newer version, but it insisted on updating and the problem returned.

I welcome any ideas.....thought about a DISM check/repair. Have download the ISO image for the creators edition, but the version number is higher than my winver shows, but I upgraded to creator edition, so not sure why. I understand both .wim files have to be from the same version number.....also not 100% how to do the DISM procedure, but may need to learn this to sort out my problem.

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 18, 2017

2. Fifamanager from EA Sports - Origin

Hi Steve,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to the hardware acceleration that has been auto-disabled after updating your Windows 10 PC. To resolve this issue, we suggest running the devices and hardware troubleshooter. Refer to

How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions
    and look for Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

If the same issue occurs, kindly uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    • Download the latest graphics card driver from your computer manufacturer's website.

Keep us posted with the status of this issue. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jun 18, 2017
  3. stevekeen Win User
    Fifamanager from EA Sports - Origin

Hello

I have been playing with Fifamanager 14 from EA Sports and it perfectly worked until latest Windows10 update.

Now when I launch the game I receive the message that it requires Hardware Graphics Acceleration,. which is weird because my laptop is brand new

Steve

stevekeen, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Strange behaviour from EA origin app

Reset my pc and origin ok, need to,identify what is conflicting with it.....
    now restored from image.....but no nearer solving this mystery

reddwarf4ever, Jun 26, 2017
Thema:

Strange behaviour from EA origin app

1. Strange behaviour from EA origin app - Similar Threads - Strange behaviour origin

2. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  3. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  4. Ea origin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ea origin problem: when i click on battlefield 3 or 4 to run it just minimizes origin and browser does not open i reinstalled origin that it worked fine now again same what to do 141010
  5. Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10: I'm not the best with the english language but I'll try my best to explain whats happening. Since december (last year) I've been noticed some strange things with my Windows in general and, also, some bizarre activations... The biggest doubt: is my Windows 10 being hacked...
  6. Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour: Hi, I've been experiencing a serious problem the past few weeks since upgrading to Windows10 (1803); it may have started before upgrading but I only noticed after upgrading. The problem being, the desktop constantly refreshes every 20-30 seconds, including the task bar; no...
  7. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour from my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behaviour from my laptop: My laptop was working fine yesterday, turned on today to do the ' creator' update......but advised no internet connection....checked the Ethernet cable & ok, but wifi connections window not there, found that flight mode was enabled ??? And worst of all I can't switch it off....