Windows 10: Strange behaviour from my laptop

Discus and support Strange behaviour from my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine yesterday, turned on today to do the ' creator' update......but advised no internet connection....checked the Ethernet cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Strange behaviour from my laptop

My laptop was working fine yesterday, turned on today to do the ' creator' update......but advised no internet connection....checked the Ethernet cable & ok, but wifi connections window not there, found that flight mode was enabled ??? And worst of all I can't switch it off. Does this setting also affect the Ethernet connection ? Thought it was just wifi......also the speaker not working troubleshoot says windows service not running....not sure if these are connected or not, just a bit weird.

any ideas please

:)

reddwarf4ever, Apr 8, 2017
  2. vsai---01 Win User

Asha 206 - time display missing aftr software update

it somehow working from today..strange behaviour...

vsai---01, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Nokia Lumia 520 sharing mobile 3G with internet sharing doesn't work for Cisco VPN

Hi,

As the title says i am running into this strange behaviour; i am sharing Airtel 3G data connection from Nokia Lumia 520 to laptop via internet sharing, and connecting to Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07 running on laptop, it asks for password and VPN connects, but
    i cannot access any of the systems inside the LAN(ping returns saying "request timeout"). If i try the same procedure by inserting same Airtel sim into other mobile, say Motorola Moto G, and try, all the systems in LAN is reachable and works fine as desired.

Any idea why this strange behaviour, from the issue seen it is clear it's Nokia Lumia 520 throwing issue.

Please help !! Strange behaviour from my laptop :(

Thanks

EricReid---01, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Strange behaviour from my laptop

First......... How did you like season XI? *Smile (My Avatar before this one was the Red Dwarf Logo)

Have you installed anything new in the last few days? Have you ran malware and A/V scans?

indianacarnie, Apr 8, 2017
  5. The last series was good, but can never match the earlier ones, they had more vitality, were fresher and generally more colourful....guess this happens to all long running series.....but love anything to do with science fiction and space...

no not installed anything recently, I had serious problems with my pc after installing some freeware and trial programs, must learn to do an image backup before installing such software.....took me ages to stop loads of pop ups ads browser manipulation etc etc....my pc never been hit so hard, seen this on other people's pc's, but not mine......
    back to the laptop, will run all the anti spyware stuff, but assumed it was a windows glitch.....could try a macrium back, is on auto backup, but would like to try and soul eater it first
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Have run all anti spyware malware utilities, removed some stuff, but still in flight mode and audio device has errors

COuldnt find an acrium backup and restore point said errors or not available......so trying to update to creators edition, hoping it may sort out these gliches.....can always roll back, I assume

reddwarf4ever, Apr 9, 2017
  7. UPDATE
    upgraded laptop to new creator mode and it sorted out my wifi issues, flight mode is back to normal and my sound card has reappeared and working fine.

just got the usual coprocessor entry in device manager, think I needed an nvidia file, will have to research that.

maybe this is a good fix for windows glitches

reddwarf4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange behaviour from my laptop

1. Strange behaviour from my laptop - Similar Threads - Strange behaviour laptop

2. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...
  3. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...
  4. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  6. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  7. Strange behaviour of my system

Strange behaviour of my system: Hello, I have a Lenovo B570 which hasn't been working well in the past few days (almost a month) The main problems are that the icons are seen but the text under the icons are not The menu that appears when I right click on the mouse opens with just the icons and no names...
  8. Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour: Hi, I've been experiencing a serious problem the past few weeks since upgrading to Windows10 (1803); it may have started before upgrading but I only noticed after upgrading. The problem being, the desktop constantly refreshes every 20-30 seconds, including the task bar; no...
  9. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  10. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...