Windows 10: Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter

Discus and support Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi there, to make a long story short, my touchpad with the pointer goes bezerk when i have the usb3 hub connected and i plug the internet via an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gabgab, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter

hi there,

to make a long story short, my touchpad with the pointer goes bezerk when i have the usb3 hub connected and i plug the internet via an ethernet cable.

the mouse (external) works fine - everything works fine when it's on wireless though.

If i plug the cable to the usb3 adapter BUT not into the router, the touchpad cursor is OK, just when you plug into the router and gets an actual connection, then it goes mad.

I cannot test with another router and Asus support suggested to try with a switch with i dont have, i tried with a usb3 hub - same thing happening - and i dont have any other usb to ethernet adapter to try.

This is odd and started to happen with this new connection we have which runs over the TV cable on coaxial.

The computer went into surgery few months ago for a battery change so might be related with that?

any ideas welcome - no biggie since wireless works very fast but still would like to use ethernet from time to time.

thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Jul 9, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter - Similar Threads - Strange behaviour Ethernet

2. Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate: I have observed this strange behaviour after the laptop resumes from hibernate. The ethernet adaptor is given the unassigned to the automatic private IP address range 169.254.x.x which means DHCP failed. This is confirmed when I tried to renew the DHCP via command line and...
  3. Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate: I have observed this strange behaviour after the laptop resumes from hibernate. The ethernet adaptor is given the unassigned to the automatic private IP address range 169.254.x.x which means DHCP failed. This is confirmed when I tried to renew the DHCP via command line and...
  4. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  5. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  6. Samsung SSD On Sata to USB3 Adapter Cable Shows As SCSI Not USB3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD On Sata to USB3 Adapter Cable Shows As SCSI Not USB3: My external Sata Samsung SSD (on a Sata to USB3 adapter cable plugged into a USB3 motherboard external port) shows as a SCSI drive and not as a USB3 drive in Device Manager on my computer. It should show as a USB3 device As a result, the transfer speeds which should operate...
  7. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...