Windows 10: Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick

Discus and support Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My SanDisk usb 3.0 stick for some reason doesn't open correctly I insert it into a USB 3 port on the PC and nothing happens Using file explorer,open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/moogera, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick

My SanDisk usb 3.0 stick for some reason doesn't open correctly

I insert it into a USB 3 port on the PC and nothing happens

Using file explorer,open D: internal drive,click on explorer on left side of Window G: USB and the search engine searches D: when it ends the SanDisk usb drive window opens

How can I get round this Wacky behaviour?

I have another USB stick,Adata which opens as soon as I plug it in

Appreciate any help Thanks

submitted by /u/moogera
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/moogera, Apr 10, 2020

2. Sandisk USB unable to connect on Windows 10 computer

Hi

Thank you for your quick reply. My computer does read other USB sticks as I've tried a couple. I will try what you suggested tomorrow at work and see if I can reformat the sandisk USB. I tried the sandisk in another Windows 10 laptop and didn't work on that
    one either. Will let you know if your suggestion works. Thanks.

EHutchinson4492, Apr 10, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Mpadhu Win User

Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick

Is it OK to install and run Windows 10 in a 64GB USB stick?

Hello,

I have planned to buy a SSD but the USB sticks and SSDs are both made of flash memory. Why can't I install Windows 10 in a Sandisk 64GB USB stick and start using it for daily tasks? including playing games.!

Please suggest.

Mpadhu, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick

1. Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick - Similar Threads - Strange behaviour SanDisk

2. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  3. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  4. Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange usb stick/keyboard issue: I'm running windows 10 version 1902 build 18362.657 my pc has 2 usb 3.0 ports in the front the first usb port has my usb keyboard plugged in, the second one, I use for usb sticks I have 2 usb sticks, one of them, when plugged in has no issues the other usb stick, when...
  5. Store update strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store update strange behaviour: So a little earlier I did my usual routine of boot pc and open store app. I always manually check for updates to apps. One come up for store app itself. I clicked update but rather than do its normal close the store app and re launch on completion store app stayed open. In...
  6. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  7. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  8. USB memory stick random behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB memory stick random behaviour: I've found windows 10 is a bit random with USB memory stick. Previously under win7, some memory sticks work on the USB3 ports, some didn't, generally most worked on the USB2. Win7 was consistent with the various memory stick, same stick worked or didn't work in the USB ports....
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...