Windows 10: Strange behaviour

Discus and support Strange behaviour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dragun50, Apr 18, 2020.

1. dragun50 Win User

Strange behaviour

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with it either. The rest button and power button do nothing. in fact all I can do is to unplug the computer, wait for the motherboard to discharge all that it needs to. Then I plug it back in, hit the power button and it boots up and works fine, until it does it again. It is always without warning.

I really hope someone can help, as I swapped out video cards, and that is not the problem as it did exactly the same with the new one.

:)

dragun50, Apr 18, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

Interestingly, my Cortana also presents such a list, no numbers.

Try 'The first' 'The second' etc.

...which works well, until.... the list of available options extends beyond the box as here:

Strange behaviour [​IMG]

So this British English-sounding voice starts reading them 'Which Minitool do you wanna open...'

And reads the list...after which I see

Strange behaviour [​IMG]

Oh, come on Microsoft, this is as pathetic as your start menu, where I see

Strange behaviour [​IMG]

- these shortcuts, each for a different program, being taken from the folders of 2,3,or 4 per program in my nested start menu.

Which is one of a number of reasons I choose to use Classic Shell start menu which actually works. Reliably.

dalchina, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Jack4_335 Win User
    External hard drive ununsual behaviour

Thank you for getting back so quickly. Unfortunately it displayed the same behaviour any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jack4_335, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Phillmont Win User

Strange behaviour

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Strange behaviour

1. Strange behaviour - Similar Threads - Strange behaviour

2. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...
  3. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop: Hi all I have a problem with the integrated keyboard of my laptop. When I push "T" or "Y" or "è" or few many other buttons, the "DEL"button is pushed together. It a driver or windows problem?many thanksbest regards...
  4. strange behaviour keyboard ps/2 of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Powershell programming: strange behaviour with Test-Path & Resolve-Path?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell programming: strange behaviour with Test-Path & Resolve-Path?: I have a PS script which seems to fart when testing for the existence of a certain filename. It’s the only filename it seems to have this problem on, but with all other filenames, it works as expected.Given a full pathname of the file, let’s say:Test-Path...
  6. Powershell programming: strange behaviour with Test-Path & Resolve-Path?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell programming: strange behaviour with Test-Path & Resolve-Path?: I have a PS script which seems to fart when testing for the existence of a certain filename. It’s the only filename it seems to have this problem on, but with all other filenames, it works as expected.Given a full pathname of the file, let’s say:Test-Path...
  7. Powershell programming: strange behaviour with Test-Path & Resolve-Path?

8. Strange buttons colors behaviour. pale or transparent sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange buttons colors behaviour. pale or transparent sometimes: Hello, everyone!Find some bad issue: I've installed Windows 11 pro about 2 weeks ago and just watching a bug - system apps have transparent buttons or just text color.For example:hover mouse over view button of "Paint" and save button of "Notepad" is unreadable on a...
  9. Strange buttons colors behaviour. pale or transparent sometimes

Strange buttons colors behaviour. pale or transparent sometimes: Hello, everyone!Find some bad issue: I've installed Windows 11 pro about 2 weeks ago and just watching a bug - system apps have transparent buttons or just text color.For example:hover mouse over view button of "Paint" and save button of "Notepad" is unreadable on a...
  10. Strange behaviour after waking the PC from sleep...

Strange behaviour after waking the PC from sleep...: Hi If I allow the PC to go to sleep then I wake it up, it simply carries on where it left off i.e. it reopens the programs/windows etc. BUT for some reason where I have the icons pinned to the taskbar and I've opened/run some of them before sleep they don't all reappear. I'm...