Windows 10: Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away.

Discus and support Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this trouble where when I move my mouse around, sometimes this really weird curved black square will just appear out of nowhere and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cole999, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Cole999 Win User

Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away.

I've been having this trouble where when I move my mouse around, sometimes this really weird curved black square will just appear out of nowhere and then fade away. I was able to take a screenshot of it mid-fade.

A few months back I fixed it, but I completely forgot how I did. I know it didn't require any sort of reboot or anything. This is driving me crazy. I've tried closing all programs and just moving my mouse around to see if it still did it, and it did.

Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away. a7c836a5-19df-418f-84e5-2ef6c9b815a7?upload=true.png

:)

Cole999, Mar 4, 2020
  2. JamesUK Win User

Windows goes to Black Screen, no cursor

Many thanks for this!

I'd exhausted every solution posted here, and when I read your post, I was initially skeptical that your suggestion would have worked... but knowing that the desktop would appear when I put the laptop into Sleep / Hibernation and then brought it out again, I figured I'd have nothing to lose to try your suggestion...

Anyway, for those trying everything, try this simple (possible) fix above from Beastmode. Worked for me, and has removed the problem. Stable for a number of days too. I can't believe it's just a co-incidence because I must have done tens of reboots trying things, and the desktop came up perfectly immediately having done the above.

I'll certainly try this if (when!) it goes black again. ;-)

(Signed up just to post that this worked for me)

Regards

James

JamesUK, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Black square

it appears a black square when I am going to type (the insert tab didn't work) why does I do need help.

AlejandroRodriguez_252000, Mar 4, 2020
  4. AmitHazra Win User

Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons

Follow these steps :

freegyan.tk

AmitHazra, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away. - Similar Threads - Strange black square

2. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black squares appearing on screen: I've already asked for help on this and as someone suggested, I redownloaded and updated my graphics drivers, but that didn't help at all.Black squares keep appearing on my screen randomly and they dissappear almost immediately. It is very distracting and annoying....
  3. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black squares appearing on screen: I've already asked for help on this and as someone suggested, I redownloaded and updated my graphics drivers, but that didn't help at all.Black squares keep appearing on my screen randomly and they dissappear almost immediately. It is very distracting and annoying....
  4. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black squares appearing on my screen: Black squares keep appearing on my screen. All kinds of patterns and sizes. They appear for a split second then disappear. If the screen doesn't refresh, they stay there until I move my mouse. This isn't the screen's fault, I have tried using different screen to no avail....
  6. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black squares appearing on my screen: Black squares keep appearing on my screen. All kinds of patterns and sizes. They appear for a split second then disappear. If the screen doesn't refresh, they stay there until I move my mouse. This isn't the screen's fault, I have tried using different screen to no avail....
  7. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What is this box or square around my cursor? It sometimes disappears and goes, and follows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this box or square around my cursor? It sometimes disappears and goes, and follows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/stuckreminiscing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8h3vv/what_is_this_box_or_square_around_my_cursor_it/
  9. Black screen with cursor and flashing squares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor and flashing squares: Hey guys I could really use your help im kinda stressed out since imma streamer I can't open my laptop it keeps me on a black screen and you can also see some black squares i can see my cursor but thats it i can't even start up my computer anymore i been trying for two full...
  10. Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart: So two things; when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system. I had this issue in Windows 8.1 too, but now it's getting on my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor appears with black square

2. black square cursor