Windows 10: Strange Bluetooth Issue Unable to remove device + it's a duplicate????

Discus and support Strange Bluetooth Issue Unable to remove device + it's a duplicate???? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys, So I am running into a weird issue on my Lenovo Think pad T570 Windows 10 1909 build 18363.836 i7 16gb of ram 1tb crucial Nvme SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tech513, May 25, 2020.

1. Tech513 Win User

Strange Bluetooth Issue Unable to remove device + it's a duplicate????

Hey Guys,

So I am running into a weird issue on my Lenovo Think pad T570
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363.836
    i7
    16gb of ram
    1tb crucial Nvme SSD
    Non-touch screen

My issue is with Bluetooth, I have a Logitech mx ergo trackball (great mouse)
    and for some reason I have 2 of them on there. One obviously works as I can use my mouse but the other says paired but I can not remove it.

Strange Bluetooth Issue Unable to remove device + it's a duplicate???? [​IMG]

Oddly enough too When I go into the properties of this device there is no information on anything

I have tried un-pairing the current MX ergo that is working and trying to uninstall and removing. and before I re-paired my mouse (This is same mouse too btw) I had gone to device manager show hidden device and uninstalled it that way too. I have tried installing a newer Bluetooth driver for the T570 I tried uninstall/reinstall of the Bluetooth Drivers. So far nothing. Any other ideas? I'm stumped at this point.

:)

Tech513, May 25, 2020

2. remove bluetooth devices

I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an
    easy way to control and manage the Bluetooth device list?

rogerg.powell, May 25, 2020
  3. Riley572 Win User
    Bluetooth Unable to Connect After Shutdown

I'm having this strange connection issue with my Bluetooth headphones, where if I don't turn them off before I turn off my PC, they won't reconnect to my computer. However, if I go to My Bluetooth Devices and remove the device, I am able to pair them again
    after I restart my PC.

This is quite inconvenient, as I occasionally forget to turn my headphones before my PC, and am therefore unable to use them without restarting my computer and pairing them once more.

Steps to recreate:

• Pair a Bluetooth device.
    • Turn off your system without first disconnecting the device.
    • The device will be unable to reconnect without first removing the device and re-pairing.

Temporary fix:

• Remove the device under My Bluetooth Devices.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Pair the device again.

Edit: I figured I should mention, I use a pair of Bluedio Turbine headphones.

Riley572, May 25, 2020
  4. marknl Win User

Bluetooth device can't be removed

Hey,
    I connected my bluetooth speaker today to my laptop to test if it worked: Acer Aspire 5742ZG
    It worked until today I wanted to remove the device. I'm unable to disconnect/remove it. It show's up in Devices and printers.

Why I want to remove it is because I want to connect a bluetooth keyboard.

In Windows there is this information on the device:

Where in the screenshot can be read: Status: Attached was - is now Status: Removing device. (I right clicked remove device).
    That's all there is and it remains like: Status: Failed removing device and later I see Status: Connected again. How can I remove this device so that I can connect a new device?
    For the rest, there are also no settings in Windows 10 anymore that have to do with bluetooth.

Before I could easy setup bluetooth from the icon on the taskbar (the bluetooth logo). Now I see nowhere bluetooth except the device that can be shown on the first screenshot. For me this is a very difficult problem because bluetooth no longer works in Windows 10. I've set already wireless off to try to remove the device since it is a broadwell bluetooth device and the wireless LAN is also from broadwell. In Windows Device Manager there is no device related to bluetooth that can be removed. It also sounds strange to me the device is shown like a bluetooth peripheral device.

Thank you so much for additional help !! *Rolleyes

mark

marknl, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange Bluetooth Issue Unable to remove device + it's a duplicate???? - Similar Threads - Strange Bluetooth Issue

2. Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing: To be specific, I previously connected some earbuds to my computer. After I changed the Wi-Fi card and re-connected the earbuds, another device for those buds popped up while the old one stayed, which is the one I can't remove....
  3. Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing: To be specific, I previously connected some earbuds to my computer. After I changed the Wi-Fi card and re-connected the earbuds, another device for those buds popped up while the old one stayed, which is the one I can't remove....
  4. bluetooth device seems to be duplicating itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth device seems to be duplicating itself: in the other devices section of the bluetooth and other devices part in the settings, some weird thing has been happening where one of the devices in the other devices section keeps duplicating itself and i dont know whythis is a small part of it, it just doesnt stop...
  5. bluetooth device seems to be duplicating itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth device seems to be duplicating itself: in the other devices section of the bluetooth and other devices part in the settings, some weird thing has been happening where one of the devices in the other devices section keeps duplicating itself and i dont know whythis is a small part of it, it just doesnt stop...
  6. bluetooth device seems to be duplicating itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  8. Bluetooth not working, also unable to remove device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working, also unable to remove device: All of a sudden I'm not able to connect my bluetooth earphones to my laptop. I'm trying to remove device, so that I could pair again but that is failing too. Windows is up to date. Windows specifications : Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed on...
  9. remove bluetooth devices

remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...
  10. Unable to remove bluetooth device for a while

Unable to remove bluetooth device for a while: Hi everyone, I have a problem to remove a Bluetooth device (a Logitech M535) from my Windows 10 installation. Each time I remove the device, it appears again once I enable Bluetooth or reboot. I spend so much time (hours and hours) to remove this device, because I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to remove bluetooth device in windows 10