Windows 10: Strange boot kernel error after activating 1866 megahertz RAM in BIOS

Discus and support Strange boot kernel error after activating 1866 megahertz RAM in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB) and it's 1866 megahertz speed. In my Gigabyte AMD motherboard BIOS, I selected an 1866 RAM "Profile". It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zoldos, Nov 29, 2019.

1. zoldos Win User

Strange boot kernel error after activating 1866 megahertz RAM in BIOS

I recently installed 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB) and it's 1866 megahertz speed. In my Gigabyte AMD motherboard BIOS, I selected an 1866 RAM "Profile". It usually is 1600, which was the speed of the old RAM. Upon booting, I got a very strange Windows 10 64 bit Pro error, something about a "Kernel problem". I've never seen it before. I rebooted, and switched it back to 1600, and then it worked. I was using the RAM in channels 3 and 4. I plan to install two more 8GB sticks for a full 32GB.

Does anyone know what this error was? And is it safe to try the 1866 profile again once all four sticks are in?

:)

zoldos, Nov 29, 2019
  2. gkhokie Win User

Kernel security check failure after ram upgrade

I just experienced the same problem with a Sony Vaio running Win10. I replaced the 4Gb of RAM with 8Gb of RAM. The RAM is matched to the MB. On boot Windows starts initially and then defaults to error screen with Kernel Security Check Failure. Setup correctly
    identifies the 8Gb of RAM. This must be a Microsoft security feature to prevent motherboard upgrades. Any suggestions short of re-installing Windows?

I replaced my Win10 hard drive with my old Win7 hard drive and everything boots up successfully. This would confirm that the problem is with Windows 10 and not the new RAM.

gkhokie, Nov 29, 2019
  3. smike1944 Win User
    Asus EAH6970/2DI2S/2GD5 strange Error

Hi all

Sorry my english, only little speaking. My big problem is no booting the pc with this card only onboard vga. The strange error : i try double psu and power alll component (motherboard+hd6970) its not working but de vga is not powered and the pc turn on wait a few second then booting with internal vga. Windows is booting up and now the hd6970 is power on the psu windows is recognizes. I try bios flashing with this technic and flashing done but the card won't good why any suggestions????? please help *Frown Strange boot kernel error after activating 1866 megahertz RAM in BIOS :(

smike1944, Nov 29, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Several Kernel Errors within a day?

Lets get back to this troubleshooting step *Arrow Several Kernel Errors within a day? - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    The result was a working system in safe mode, though the GPU isn't used in safe mode.
    Please perform a clean boot again, watch the temperatures at all times (if you didn't yet) and from there we'll see what needs to be done. Please do not enable anything in taskmanager & msconfig, I want you to boot without any startup items & services enabled.

What was the BSOD stop code? Based on the BSOD stop code I'll edit the suggestion in this post.

Thema:

1. Strange boot kernel error after activating 1866 megahertz RAM in BIOS - Similar Threads - Strange boot kernel

2. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v: Hi, i tried to install android emulator on my dell laptop. When i first run the emulator it ask to activate hyper-v. So i went to control panel and tick the hyper-v option in add windows feature. Next my laptop went restart and it enter system diagnostic tool instead to...
  3. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  4. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  5. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Strange script error on after boot-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange script error on after boot-up: Today is turned my pc on and after windows stared up a frame appeared saying that a script error occurred. It was like this one https://www.windows10forums.com/attachments/1601384251878-png.12506/ except for the url which was...
  7. Strange Bios seqence

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Bios seqence: Built an Aomei backupper PE boot disc for recovery purposes when and if needed. M/B Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 with bios as current version. My limited understanding is that,boot sequence due to my win10 O/S being on a CD disc that no1 would be CD Drive and no2 would be my...
  8. BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change: submitted by /u/CarryTheBoat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ksl6e9/bios_showing_a_ram_change_on_boot_despite_no_ram/
  9. After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?: I just updated Windows 10 Pro from 1809 to 1903. Following this update I have now noticed that the RAM speed has dropped to 933 MHz from 1866 MHz!! I use HyperX Fury Black 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory. [img] Here's a print screen of the memory being displayed in my...
  10. After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?: I just updated Windows 10 Pro from 1809 to 1903. Following this update I have now noticed that the RAM speed has dropped to 933 MHz from 1866 MHz!! I use HyperX Fury Black 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory. [img] Here's a print screen of the memory being displayed in my...