Windows 10: Strange boot loops

Discus and support Strange boot loops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm at a total loss with this system now and I have no clue why it's boot looping. The system is a Asus Maximus VII Hero with a i7-4790k.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frankcsgo, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Strange boot loops

Hey guys, I'm at a total loss with this system now and I have no clue why it's boot looping. The system is a Asus Maximus VII Hero with a i7-4790k. System was perfect for 4 years, still going strong it seems besides this issue. I can't remember the first time this happened but it's been going on for about 6 months.

If I try to turn the system on, it will boot up for a second then turn off, boot for a sec then turn off and that cycle could repeat infinitely until I switch it off at the PSU. The only way to get it to post and boot is to press the clear CMOS button and switch it off at the PSU for about 10 minutes. It will show the wait for F1 screen, I hit F1 and it takes me to the BIOS. Now, I used to be able to just hit continue and boot to windows but this past week when I just continue to boot, it will loop. I did some fiddling with the boot options and discovered that if I disable fast boot, it will boot to windows successfully. Disabling fast boot via windows has no effect when un-ticked. I've done a fresh install of Windows today and with a clean wipe of any corrupt files but it still loops.

Now I don't know if this issue is because of some windows update because I've heard a lot about updates bricking people's systems or it's failing component.

I did open the system up to troubleshoot faulty hardware, system booted with everything out just mobo, then connected the CPU and it looped. I don't know what this means because I've had plenty of successful boots after I discovered this, careful monitoring of the CPU after and it seems to perform just fine, speeds are fine under load and idle and so are temps. I reseated heatsink and replaced paste when I had the system open in the troubleshooting stage, I never took the chip out.

The only thing I haven't done what I've seen people recommend in the forums is to update my bios version.

If you need any more information/dump files, just PM or comment. Any and all advice is appreciated. Sorry for the weird format of info I'm very tired and I'm on mobile.

submitted by /u/frankcsgo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frankcsgo, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 10, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Sambat Win User

Strange boot loops

Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

Strange boot loops [​IMG]

Sambat, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Strange boot loops

1. Strange boot loops - Similar Threads - Strange boot loops

2. Strange recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange recovery loop: Okay so, my pc is stuck in a recovery loop. Ive tried to do that cbdedit thing and get the screen to go away from there, but that just gave me a different screen. From what ive looked at, seeing that over screen means that something in your computer is missing/corrupted, and...
  3. Strange recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange recovery loop: Okay so, my pc is stuck in a recovery loop. Ive tried to do that cbdedit thing and get the screen to go away from there, but that just gave me a different screen. From what ive looked at, seeing that over screen means that something in your computer is missing/corrupted, and...
  4. Strange recovery loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I’m Stuck In a Very Strange Boot Loop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I’m Stuck In a Very Strange Boot Loop...: I am aware that I’ve done so many things wrong but I was in a hurry during all of this. My PC is used to host a Minecraft server. I was running the Jar file and forgot to use the stop command to close the server, but I just closed the window. A few seconds later, I pressed...
  6. Strange boot loops *REPOST*

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange boot loops *REPOST*: Hey guys, I'm at a total loss with this system now and I have no clue why it's boot looping. The system is a Asus Maximus VII Hero with a i7-4790k. System was perfect for 4 years, still going strong it seems besides this issue. I can't remember the first time this happened...
  7. Strange boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange boot problem: I normally run my pc with two Samsung SSD drives, a 256gb 850EVO boot drive, and a 1tb 840EVO slave drive. Every so often I image one to the other using the Samsung cloning software. I now wanted to use the 1TB elsewhere so simply removed it. After doing so my PC now boots...
  8. Strange Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Boot Up: So I have 2 Win10 systems that I just built and installed. I believe all my settings are the same, I mean I went down the list one by one. Both systems have the same mobo, same CPU, just all the same. Not a critical issue, but something I notice and just not sure. When I...
  9. boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop: hi my win 10 pc is in a boot loop its at the preparing automatic repair screen. cant do anything. I boot from my repair disk and system restore/fix pc/etc etc. none of them work. any fix I can try without having to reinstall windows 96188
  10. strange boot issue

in Windows 10 Support
    strange boot issue: A friend asked me to look at his daughters computer that wouldn't turn on. There was an error saying Windows restarted unexpectedly. I looked online and found the fix. I pressed Shift-F10, got into regedit and changed HKLM/System/Setup/ChildCompletion to 3. What would case...