Windows 10: Strange Boot Up

Discus and support Strange Boot Up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have 2 Win10 systems that I just built and installed. I believe all my settings are the same, I mean I went down the list one by one. Both systems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirPower4ever, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Strange Boot Up

So I have 2 Win10 systems that I just built and installed. I believe all my settings are the same, I mean I went down the list one by one. Both systems have the same mobo, same CPU, just all the same.

Not a critical issue, but something I notice and just not sure. When I boot one system I see the Windows flag with the spinning balls. Then I see my name for like 2 seconds and then the desktop

My other system I see the same thing except the name, it never shows up. The screen is just black for 2 seconds then desktop.

Is there some setting I missing in the profile of my 2nd system that is doing this? I did check the UEFI's on both and they match, setting for setting.

Again, not critical but when I see something strange you just never know if it leads to a bigger issue; hence why I came here just to make sure.

Both systems are Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    Sammy 950 Pro
    Asus Hero VIII
    GTX 980 Ti
    8GB Memory

Thanks

:)

AirPower4ever, Dec 4, 2015

2. PC shutting down and booting up strangely

Is it a laptop that has battery?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3297-genera...

Generate a battery report and share with us through onedrive or any other file sharing site for better help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 4, 2015
  3. PC shutting down and booting up strangely

Hey thanks for the reply. I checked my video drivers and they say they're up to date. I had windows check for any updates, but it said everything was already updated. I went into the system settings and turned off the fast startup. I'll see if that helps.

MichaelGuertin1, Dec 4, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Strange Boot Up

I've solved a lot of really strange issues by disabling Fast Startup, and giving the systems a few real shutdowns (not restarts). You might give it a try.

simrick, Dec 4, 2015
  5. Thanks simrick, I'll try this. What I did try was also to give the system a password. So the same thing, 2-3 second pause right before the ocean scene. Then click and enter password so something is still going on with that pause. Took off the password and same results. Oh well, system runs fine anyways. Image done moving on.

Thanks for the reply

AirPower4ever, Dec 5, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Strange, yes. I know when you use an MS account, each device will take some time to "pull in" the settings for your account, so they are the same across devices. But it sounds like you are using local accounts, so that wouldn't be it. Have you checked startup items to see if there is any difference?

simrick, Dec 5, 2015
  7. Yes simrick, local accounts.

I did compare the start ups on both machines and that's different. I'll state this;
    Computer A - shows no persons profile name, screen is blank for about 2-3 seconds then desktop
    Computer B - shows the persons profile name for 2-3 seconds then desktop

Computer A is Normal startup and computer B is on Selective startup with all three sub options checked. I did try to set computer A to selective, but no difference. However when I went to check to revert the settings it was already on "Normal startup"

Should that do that?

Again, thanks for the help simrick

AirPower4ever, Dec 5, 2015
  8. Strange Boot Up

lopedoggie, Dec 5, 2015
  9. simrick Win User
    And they are both administrative accounts, right? and neither of them have a password, right? Any other accounts on either machine?

You could try adding a password to each account, rebooting, then removing the passwords, and rebooting again. (All the while, fast startup is turned off.) Another thing to try would be to create a new administrative account on each, then delete the original account on each.

No, it shouldn't, unless you missed pressing the APPLY button.

Strange Boot Up [​IMG]

But this difference alone could be what you're seeing. They'd need to be identical in order to rule this out.

You could try a clean boot, to see if they behave the same in that scenario. Then try enabling things one by one, to determine where the difference might be.

Also might try sfc /scannow, just to see if one of the systems might need some fixing. I realize this is a new/clean install, but you never know....*Wink

simrick, Dec 6, 2015
  10. simrick, almost forgot about sfc. Late here, but will pick this up tomorrow. I'll try the various ways list here and get back to everyone

Thanks

AirPower4ever, Dec 6, 2015
  11. simrick Win User
    No problem! Take your time.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange Boot Up

1. Strange Boot Up - Similar Threads - Strange Boot

2. Strange Boot Process - Two Drive Needed To Boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Boot Process - Two Drive Needed To Boot.: Backround: All disks involved in this issue are SATA SSD drives.Yesterday when I booted up my machine I was given the message, "No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key." I tried to fix it using automatic repair and then bootrec, form the command line, which...
  3. Strange Boot Process - Two Drive Needed To Boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Boot Process - Two Drive Needed To Boot.: Backround: All disks involved in this issue are SATA SSD drives.Yesterday when I booted up my machine I was given the message, "No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key." I tried to fix it using automatic repair and then bootrec, form the command line, which...
  4. Strange Boot Process - Two Drive Needed To Boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluescreen and then strange boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen and then strange boot screen: I was just booting my computer this morning when it suddenly showed a bluescreen Too fast to get a picture of and it didn't leave a minidump but then it booted me to a strange boot screen I haven't ever seen before.Does my computer have a Virus or something? My antivirus...
  6. Bluescreen and then strange boot screen

Bluescreen and then strange boot screen: I was just booting my computer this morning when it suddenly showed a bluescreen Too fast to get a picture of and it didn't leave a minidump but then it booted me to a strange boot screen I haven't ever seen before.Does my computer have a Virus or something? My antivirus...
  7. Bluescreen and then strange boot screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Strange blank pop up window upon boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange blank pop up window upon boot up: Hi there something pretty strange happened today after starting my laptop and logging in a brief pop up window appeared it happened very fast to fast to get what is going on. I understand that is not enough information but that is all I got for now. This issue does not happen...
  9. Strange blank pop up window upon boot up

Strange blank pop up window upon boot up: Hi there something pretty strange happened today after starting my laptop and logging in a brief pop up window appeared it happened very fast to fast to get what is going on. I understand that is not enough information but that is all I got for now. This issue does not happen...
  10. Windows 10 : Strange message at boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 : Strange message at boot: I installed a new disk on my laptop old one died and decided to do a "clean" install of Windows 10. I downloaded the .iso directly from Microsoft and after some work, I got it running. I still am getting the following screen on boot up.How do I get rid of this ?...