Windows 10: strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag

Discus and support strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It happened to me once in windows 7: if i edit existing task, or delete it, or do anything... I have weird mouse lag. I thought it was rare bug. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Dec 27, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag

It happened to me once in windows 7: if i edit existing task, or delete it, or do anything... I have weird mouse lag. I thought it was rare bug. But same in Windows 10, if i edit any task, or even touch anything in task scheduler, my mouse has weird lag, even if i restart pc. But after using sfc /scannow and dism, or repairing windows installation. It is gone. I never heard of it, nor was able to find anything about this issue. But i swear i am not imagining it, i tested myself on input lag and i can tell even 6 ms difference (there is program input lag ab test on blurbusters forums, which allows you to do it) and i am extreme sensitive to it. And it is kinda big deal and i can tell clear difference when playing games.
    Anyone ever heard of strange bug like this ???

:)

empleat, Dec 27, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 27, 2019
  3. HokieMan Win User
    Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Dec 27, 2019
  4. strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag

1. strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag - Similar Threads - strange bug editing

2. Task Scheduler - cannot edit tasks any tasks error 2147750680

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - cannot edit tasks any tasks error 2147750680: Hi,I am having very strange issue with Task Scheduler.I can create run or delete scheduled stasks, but I cannot edit them.Whatever edit to a task my task results in error 2147750680.For example, change only the description:I get same error also when I try to import task xml.I...
  3. Task Scheduler - cannot edit tasks any tasks error 2147750680

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - cannot edit tasks any tasks error 2147750680: Hi,I am having very strange issue with Task Scheduler.I can create run or delete scheduled stasks, but I cannot edit them.Whatever edit to a task my task results in error 2147750680.For example, change only the description:I get same error also when I try to import task xml.I...
  4. I can't edit a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit a scheduled task: In my Windows 10 Task Scheduler there is a scheduled task in the Microsoft-Windows-Application Experience folder called "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser", which as far as I can tell causes to run the "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" service. The scheduled time for this...
  5. I can't edit a scheduled task

I can't edit a scheduled task: In my Windows 10 Task Scheduler there is a scheduled task in the Microsoft-Windows-Application Experience folder called "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser", which as far as I can tell causes to run the "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" service. The scheduled time for this...
  6. I can't edit a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Strange Scheduled Task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Scheduled Task: I found this strange task in Task Scheduler. It is called "chrome bookmarks"It runs this. I am not sure why command prompt is then opening PowerShell. I have a feeling it is obfuscated. I am not sure what it is actually doing.cmd /c powershell -WindowStyle Hidden -E...
  8. Strange Scheduled Task

Strange Scheduled Task: I found this strange task in Task Scheduler. It is called "chrome bookmarks"It runs this. I am not sure why command prompt is then opening PowerShell. I have a feeling it is obfuscated. I am not sure what it is actually doing.cmd /c powershell -WindowStyle Hidden -E...
  9. Strange task scheduler entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange task scheduler entry: Hello, I have a entry in my task scheduler under Microsoft>Windows>rempl> "shell" Primary shell invocation for sediment pack trigger everyday. Can anyone tell me what is this and what it does? For the record, I already scanned my computer with Malwarebytes anti-malware, found...
  10. Tasks running but not appearing in Task Scheduler: Need to edit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tasks running but not appearing in Task Scheduler: Need to edit: Hi. After upgrade to windows 10, tasks still run but don't appear in task scheduler so I can't edit them. Where are they kept? More importantly, how to I get them to show up where I can edit them? When opening Task Scheduler I get at least 50 boxes I have to close before I...