Windows 10: Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders

Discus and support Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've encountered a visual glitch in Windows 10 when collapsing certain folders or even alt tabbing into a game, it does it for brief... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imlerith, Nov 13, 2018.

1. imlerith Win User

Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders

Hello everyone,

I've encountered a visual glitch in Windows 10 when collapsing certain folders or even alt tabbing into a game, it does it for brief second. I rolled back my a few versions, used DDU, reinstalled it completely, tried different versions... Even reinstalling Windows 10 itself, nothing helped.

Have you encountered this kind of bug? Is it normal?

A GIF showing my problem - https://gfycat.com/boldwindyamericanbulldog

NOTE: It does not happen when booting Windows into safe mode! Or when without drivers.

Please comment down below if you've encountered this kind of problem, and have a fix for it... Thanks in advance.

i7 7700K

EVGA 1080

16GB RAM DDR4

Windows 1803 - 17134.376

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

:)

imlerith, Nov 13, 2018

2. Showing collapsed folders in ActiveSync?

No I don't think so. All my folders are always showing , Thus no little + to hit to collapse or open to show the sub folders

Johan van Mierlo, Nov 13, 2018
  3. missing ShellNew folder in Windows directory

Hi Marian,

To locate ShellNew folder, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the pop-up window, type regedit.exe, and hit Enter.
    • Collapse HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to see folders.
    • Scroll-down to .rtf folder.
    • Collapse .rtf to see ShellNew folder.
    Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Nov 13, 2018
  4. ¡Firedog Win User

Folder panel permanently collapsed

There are two ways of expanding/collapsing the folder pane. One is to use the button called
    Compact view on the View tab of the ribbon. The other is to point at the left-hand border of the message list until the pointer changes to an east-west double arrow
    ⇔, then click and hold while dragging the border sideways:

Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders 880cad43-14d1-4e38-b5b7-0828197455c9?upload=true.png

¡Firedog, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders - Similar Threads - Strange bug 'collapseable'

2. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange folder: On my Windows 11 PC my data files are on a USB drive E:. I've noticed a strange folder on my Drive E: shown below. I think it might have been installed when I downloaded software Office 2021 from "Helpful Downloads". They don't live up to their name. The folder name starts...
  3. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange folder: On my Windows 11 PC my data files are on a USB drive E:. I've noticed a strange folder on my Drive E: shown below. I think it might have been installed when I downloaded software Office 2021 from "Helpful Downloads". They don't live up to their name. The folder name starts...
  4. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange "???????????" Folder: This folder appeared for awhile. I don't know how it came up. Somehow it only can be seen when you are trying to pick a folder to install a program. I don't know what is it, but is it a threat? And how do I remove it? If someone can answer those questions, I would be really...
  5. Strange "???????????" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange "???????????" Folder: This folder appeared for awhile. I don't know how it came up. Somehow it only can be seen when you are trying to pick a folder to install a program. I don't know what is it, but is it a threat? And how do I remove it? If someone can answer those questions, I would be really...
  6. Strange "???????????" Folder

7. Strange folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange folder: I just noticed a folder on my desktop that I don't remember seeing before and I was hoping someone might know what it is. I have no idea how long it has been there. The folder is called Welcome Files." The folder contains 50-60 files, none of which make any sense to me. I...
  8. Making folders collapsed by default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making folders collapsed by default?: I want to make it possible that the items on the left pane that are inthe folders "This PC", "Quick Access," Onedrive, etc. can be collapsed by defaultwhile saving a file. Now they are expanded by default...
  9. Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail: Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders. The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which makes it longer to move emails over. Question: is there a way of stopping the folder pane from collapsing so that it is...
  10. Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders: Hello everyone, I've encountered a visual glitch in Windows 10 when collapsing certain folders or even alt tabbing into a game, it does it for brief second. I rolled back my a few versions, used DDU, reinstalled it completely, tried different versions... Even reinstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can you have collapseable folders in windows mail