Windows 10: Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update?

Discus and support Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My laptop has just updated and since then I have these characters / symbols instead of letters, how can I fix this problem? Ask for help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marie1994205, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update?

Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update? 0_big.jpg

My laptop has just updated and since then I have these characters / symbols instead of letters, how can I fix this problem? Ask for help.

:)

Marie1994205, Aug 6, 2020
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Aug 6, 2020
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 6, 2020
  4. A K(2) Win User

Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update?

Strange characters on Windows 10 desktop

My Windows 10 PC now displays strange unreadable block characters on the desktop and all the app. The only place that is not affected is the Settings.

This happened last night due to a Windows Defender update.

I can't do anything on the computer as I cannot read any characters on any windows, including the Explorer and other services.

What can I do to restore the display?

A K(2), Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update?

1. Strange characters (?) after Windows 10 Update? - Similar Threads - Strange characters Update

2. Can't read emails - strange characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't read emails - strange characters: Hi - I cannot read incoming emails on Microsoft Edge Windows 10 computer. The emails are written in unusual character and are totally unreadable. Please advise how I can rectify this. Thank you....
  3. Strange chinese characters in my HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange chinese characters in my HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT: So, sometimes I like to check my regedit after uninstall something in case I missed something, and today was not an exception. As I was scrolling trough my regedit I found some peculiar folders that I found weird. After tried to use translator and it actually gave me nothing...
  4. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  5. windows 10 strange after update issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 strange after update issue: After second to last major update, i start my laptop, i am unable to click anything on my desktop including icons and start menu. I have to click control alt delete and then click task manager. Once i do this i can then click items and open them. I need to do this every time...
  6. Strange Characters display for numbers only

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Characters display for numbers only: Hello all, So I have this odd issue on a users Windows 10 pc. Basically the time and date on the screen displays odd symbols. It however does say the day...spells out Thursday perfectly. This is the screen before you log in. once logged in, when it goes into screen saver...
  7. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  8. NET.EXE date display with strange character after updating to windows 10 build 18362

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NET.EXE date display with strange character after updating to windows 10 build 18362: NET.EXE date display with strange character after updating to windows 10 build 18362 [ATTACH] This character before the date digits show in any command in net.exe that includes the date, for example in the net time as well. As this character shows as a ? when using...
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...