Windows 10: Strange Characters display for numbers only

Discus and support Strange Characters display for numbers only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, So I have this odd issue on a users Windows 10 pc. Basically the time and date on the screen displays odd symbols. It however does say the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10questions, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Strange Characters display for numbers only

Hello all,
    So I have this odd issue on a users Windows 10 pc. Basically the time and date on the screen displays odd symbols. It however does say the day...spells out Thursday perfectly. This is the screen before you log in. once logged in, when it goes into screen saver mode, the time and date appear as numbers as expected. The 2nd oddity is that I noticed today when deleting some files you know how it'll say deleting 1 mb of 27mb's etc...or what have ytou, well on this users pc, the numbers here appear as symbols as well.

I've reset the system font to the default system font. I've tried changing the system font. I've previously updated the system default font. I've checked for new drivers for the graphics card.

So far no joy. Has anyone seen this with just the numbers? What might be the issue and how can I resolve for the user? Thanks.

:)

win10questions, Aug 20, 2020

2. Strange Characters display for numbers only

I did reset back to the system defaults, still same strange characters display for TIME and counting on system type functions.
    Thanks

win10questions, Aug 22, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Strange Characters display for numbers only

After changing system defaults, a restart is required to take effect. Did you restart?

f14tomcat, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Strange Characters display for numbers only

6300 Contacts List Maximum Number of Characters on Display

When dispaying the contacts list if a contact entry is more than 12 characters then in the end there's 3 dots, even if there's enough space on the display for more characters. Would that be fixed in new firmwares? The current version 4.71 isn't patched
    for diplaying the maximum available number of characters.

kstam---01, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Strange Characters display for numbers only

1. Strange Characters display for numbers only - Similar Threads - Strange Characters display

2. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers: I noticed there are some subfolders under different programs folders and sometimes on program data.I am wondering what is the purpose of those subfolders and if I can delete them please?...
  3. Font troubles! Certain characters/ numbers do not display.

in Windows 10 Support
    Font troubles! Certain characters/ numbers do not display.: I've attached an example image with fonts and how they display. $#@:, and others do not display. The same with numbers. Sometimes they are replaced with rectangles. This is from CorelDraw. In open office, so far, all the characters are displayed, but numbers and special...
  4. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  5. strange characters on display full & partial characters, can't load/run any program

in Windows 10 Customization
    strange characters on display full & partial characters, can't load/run any program: I have a AMD RZEN 24 tower 690-0024 solely used for Flight Simulator, no mail. Etc. I powered It up one day to a Chinese option screen, finally got back to US menu. However the characters were very large, running off screen , and very difficult to invoke because the...
  6. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  7. Suddenly no numbers - only characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly no numbers - only characters: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Brazilian Portuguese version) Today morning it was working fine. After a shutdown there is no numbers, only characters. Does someone has any idea what is going on? 148525
  8. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  9. Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself: My Hp envy starts to type by itself xxxxx constantly once in a while and the screen goes to inverted color , it goes away after I restart 43230
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...