Windows 10: Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

Discus and support Strange characters in registry (screenshot) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svth, Mar 8, 2018.

1. svth Win User

Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

Strange characters in registry (screenshot) [​IMG]

What are the characters at the bottom?

:)

svth, Mar 8, 2018
  2. SLMcG Win User

japanese/strange characters in registry?

I had been following another post on the shut down and reboot issue and have the problem myself as well. Does your pc have AMD graphics by any chance?

SLMcG, Mar 8, 2018
  3. vault2008 Win User
    japanese/strange characters in registry?

hey guys. im looking for some help here. i noticed in my registry under hkey_current_user there are entries that appear to have japanese characters and/or strange characters. google translate recognized some as japanese but couldnt translate them.

there's not a ton but there are a few. 5/16 are displaying in either the japanese or the strange characters. they all have two folders inside. "cache2" and "ext". they each have a reg_sz and a reg_dword inside of them.

i try to be precautionary with my system and i have ran a full avast scan in the last week and just today i ran a full threat scan with mbam offline. neither turned up anything. seeing these registry items has me in a bit of a panic though. my system is not
    behaving abornally or displaying issues.

should i leave them alone since i'm not encountering any issues? any/all advice would be much appreciated. thanks!

vault2008, Mar 8, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this has been discussed before: please see
    Garbled Registry Entries - Windows 10 Forums

- feel free to search the forum for e.g.
    strange symbols in registry

You'll also find a good number of references to this on the internet from Win 7 on- I've yet to see a specific cause. I've found I have some too.

dalchina, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange characters in registry (screenshot) - Similar Threads - Strange characters registry

2. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  3. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  4. Can't read emails - strange characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't read emails - strange characters: Hi - I cannot read incoming emails on Microsoft Edge Windows 10 computer. The emails are written in unusual character and are totally unreadable. Please advise how I can rectify this. Thank you....
  5. Strange registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange registry entries: When searching the registry I came across the entries: The only languages I have installed are American and English. Are these entries installed by Microsoft or by malware?...
  6. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  7. Strange Characters display for numbers only

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Characters display for numbers only: Hello all, So I have this odd issue on a users Windows 10 pc. Basically the time and date on the screen displays odd symbols. It however does say the day...spells out Thursday perfectly. This is the screen before you log in. once logged in, when it goes into screen saver...
  8. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  9. Strange accounts found in registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange accounts found in registry: Hello, Recently my virus scanner (Malwarebytes) discovered a registry key that seemed to be associated with a virus that I thought I had gotten rid of a while ago. After doing some digging around in the regsitry editor I found some user keys in HKU that were similar to the...
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 event logger has strange characters