Windows 10: Strange chinese characters in my HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Discus and support Strange chinese characters in my HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, sometimes I like to check my regedit after uninstall something in case I missed something, and today was not an exception. As I was scrolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/n0ia_, Nov 20, 2020.

1. /u/n0ia_ Win User

Strange chinese characters in my HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

So, sometimes I like to check my regedit after uninstall something in case I missed something, and today was not an exception. As I was scrolling trough my regedit I found some peculiar folders that I found weird. After tried to use translator and it actually gave me nothing I decided to ask for help here.

The folders are in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    with the following names:
    慳栠㔀耀 which as an "md_auto_file" in it
    欐諐瘀退޸ which as an "mcfunction_auto_file"
    縀䆁 with "mcmeta_auto_file"
    and finaly
    蓗٬䯿蠀 with a "properties_auto_file"

So I was wondering, why should my windows (which is in portuguese), would create such registries

Is this a virus or something, should I delete those? Help me please.Until now this was the only weird thing that I found.

submitted by /u/n0ia_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/n0ia_, Nov 20, 2020
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Nov 20, 2020
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2020
  4. howeshou Win User

Notepad in Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese character

Thank you very much for your help.

I took your suggestion and created a new Notepad in Chinese. At the time I was typing it it showed the Chinese characters correctly, but after I saved and close the file, when I open it again it showed questions marks "????????" in place of Chinese characters.
    When I open another Notepad file containing Chinese characters created in a different computer, it showed a bunch of strange characters in stead of question marks.

I did also tried changed the font style under format options, but it didn't help either.

Thanks again for your effort and have a nice day!

howeshou, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange chinese characters in my HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT - Similar Threads - Strange chinese characters

2. Why are there Chinese characters in these logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there Chinese characters in these logs?: Hello again, so recently I was digging in the Microsoft Defender/Antimalware logs, and when going to the Quick logs, they had chinese characters in them, is this normal?...
  3. Chinese characters on calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters on calendar: My calendar settings show 'Do not show additional calendars' but I still have Chinese characters on my icloud calendar. I've tried shutting down and restarting but they are still there. I can't see my entries because they are in Chinese. ....
  4. Chinese Characters not Appearing

Chinese Characters not Appearing: Hello when I typed the Pinyin the Chinese characters didn't appear so I can't type please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-not-appearing/5b347d07-d779-4e8a-97c4-db045805f13a
  5. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  6. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  7. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  8. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  9. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese characters in windows 10 registry

2. hkey_classes_root chinese character