Windows 10: Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10

Discus and support Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So today I was watching YouTube in the Chrome browser on Windows 10 Build 1903 (the latest May 2019). I noticed that when I change the volume, rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlieWard1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10

So today I was watching YouTube in the Chrome browser on Windows 10 Build 1903 (the latest May 2019). I noticed that when I change the volume, rather than there just being the normal volume bar, there was an annoying overlay with the text: "chrome.exe". I don't know if this was supposed to be a feature in 1903, but it takes up a huge amount of the scree. It also doesn't happen in Edge. I know you will probably suggest I just use Edge since it's your browser, but I will always use Chrome. Here is a screenshot I took to show you what I am talking about:

Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10 [​IMG]

Is there any way I can get that annoying bar to go away and just return to the normal volume bar? Thanks.

:)

CharlieWard1, Jun 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10

Sound Bar Needed

That one has rear speakers also. I swear that bar alone sounded like it was all around me.

FYI I aint arguing. I'm just trying to educate myself. What would you suggest?

TheMailMan78, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10

1. Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Strange chrome exe

2. Window volumer bar and brighness bar position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window volumer bar and brighness bar position: Hi Team, I format my laptop due to some reason but after format it, My volume and all buttons go to top left corner. I already update my window and it is up to date. Can anyone please suggest me how can I again set in the middle....
  3. Window volumer bar and brighness bar position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window volumer bar and brighness bar position: Hi Team, I format my laptop due to some reason but after format it, My volume and all buttons go to top left corner. I already update my window and it is up to date. Can anyone please suggest me how can I again set in the middle....
  4. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10: I see this icon at the bottom in my task bar, right next to the "Type here to search".How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-task-bar-windows-10/876c9d6e-591e-4405-b601-c18c5ab07cfa
  5. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10: I see this icon at the bottom in my task bar, right next to the "Type here to search".How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-task-bar-windows-10/876c9d6e-591e-4405-b601-c18c5ab07cfa
  6. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Volume Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Volume Bar: Ok so a few days ago I was just listening to music and then I closed the application which was Spotify and now the song last song I was listening to is stuck on my volume bar. Like the app is closed and everything but it still appears on the volume bar. There isnt any sound...
  8. Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...: ...which stops me from writing anything there. How do I get rid of this? The first thing on this menu is "Emoji". Very annoying, I think it was my little son who accidentally managed to enter a short commando and I cannot find any solution when I google this problem. Please...
  9. Strange web bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange web bar: [ATTACH] Since a half year this dead searchbar appears , if i tap outside google search bar. Belongs this to Mozilla browser? I used Avira Prime Antivirus, Malware bytes antiadware, CCleaner - there is no addition to mozilla browser and i found no extraprogramm in the...
  10. Volume Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Bar: Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked a lot, but how do you hide this monster of a volume bar/add/info that pops up every time you adjust the volume, I have figured out how to do it in Chrome but not in Edge. There should be an option to adjust this to below the 5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid the display of chrome.exe

2. remove crome.exe volume

3. chrome info pop up on volume change