Windows 10: Strange circle on monitor of windows desktop.

Discus and support Strange circle on monitor of windows desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an all in 1 HP desktop that has what looks like a light gray circle at the top center of the monitor or sometimes on the right center of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarleneEdwards, May 15, 2020.

1. Strange circle on monitor of windows desktop.

I have an all in 1 HP desktop that has what looks like a light gray circle at the top center of the monitor or sometimes on the right center of the screen that the mouse will snap to. I do not have Cortana enabled, I have disabled the gaming console to track activities; accessibilities is not enable; virus scan and scan for malicious code has come up clean. System windows10 is up to date on all security patches but I can't get this feature disabled. It is not a touch screen.

It makes the desktop difficult to work with because the mouse or curser doesn't stay where you are trying to type or click because it will move to this circle. I don't know what else to look for to disable or remove this feature.

Any other ideas out there?

:)

MarleneEdwards, May 15, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 15, 2020
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Desktop shortcuts appear on external monitor instead of pc

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in getting
    desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

This issue might occur due to default settings where you are not able to view the desktop shortcuts on the PC, you are looking for.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions for better assistance:

• Which edition of Windows are you working with?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

• Plug in the second monitor which physically sits to the left of your primary screen

• Right click the desktop, choose
      Graphic Options>Output To>Extended Desktop> Built-in display + Monitor.

• Extended desktop enabled, but screen 2 (on the left) can only be accessed by moving the cursor to the right.

• Right click the desktop and choose
      Graphic Properties - choose 'Multiple Displays' from the side menu.

• Move monitor 2 from its default
      'Right' side to the left – all the icons go with it
      to screen 2 but the taskbar stays on the primary monitor.

• Click 'Apply' to accept this (temporarily) - close the
      'properties' window.

• Right Click the desktop, but this time choose
      'Screen Resolution'. Ensure that screen 2 is to the left - if not, move it.

• Click on screen 1 and ensure it says
      'This is currently your main display'

• Click on screen 2 and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar should move to screen 2.

• Finally click on Screen 1 again and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar and
      all the icons should move back to screen 1.
    I would like to Inform/suggest, Press the
    Windows key + P, and then choose a way to project:

• PC screen only
      – All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on primary monitor/Desktop.

• Duplicate- Desktop Shortcuts that is on primary monitor/Desktop will replicate on Secondary monitor too.

• Extend- Primary monitor will be extended to Secondary monitor. But all the desktop shortcuts will appear only on primary monitor. (If you want to have the desktop
      shortcuts that’s on primary monitor on secondary monitor, you can just drag the shortcuts from primary to secondary monitor and check if that helps).

• Second screen only- All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on Secondary monitor/Desktop.
    Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in getting desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 15, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Strange circle on monitor of windows desktop.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Strange circle on monitor of windows desktop.

1. Strange circle on monitor of windows desktop. - Similar Threads - Strange circle monitor

2. Strange "MainWindow" window on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange "MainWindow" window on desktop: Hi, I have noticed a strange window that has appeared on my desktop that when I Alt+Tab shows it as "MainWindow". I can X it off when alt tabbed but it always comes back after restart. Any idea what it is? Any help would be appreciated. [IMG][IMG]...
  3. Strange Logo on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Logo on Desktop: Hi, anybody experienced a strange logo appearing on desktop, in my case it seems to be a logo of a letter "f" with an "i" in a blue circle, screen grab attached. It floats in front of other windows, cannot be moved, has no functions on either right or left mouse click and I...
  4. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  5. Strange Blue Circles on Apps In Desktop

Strange Blue Circles on Apps In Desktop: As I'm about to go do something else, I see my computer requires an update. Okay! I let my computer restart, and when It opens back up, I'm greeted with this error. When I close it, there are strange blue circles around my apps. Any way to get rid of them? Edit: The blue...
  6. strange circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    strange circle: [ATTACH] hi guys good morning today i wakeup and this strange circle appear on my windows home someone have see something like this before? how remove? https://preview.redd.it/toga0zdtmnt51.jpg?width=1904&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5021eefb411feca9835be1755615b35e440bde56...
  7. strange new circle icon lower right corner

strange new circle icon lower right corner: Hi, Since the last update, I have a strange icon that is hovering above but not a part of the taskbar. it is sitting above the notification tool, but is unclickable. it looks like 2 half arrows chasing each other. At first I thought it was an NVIDIA thing as it has their...
  8. Strange desktop problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange desktop problems?: I've got a problem with a friends Windows 10 all in one computer, something happened (he can't tell me exactly what) and now the desktop appears like this: [img] I can't right click on the desktop to get the desktop context menu; in general there don't appear to be any...
  9. Oval Circles on desktop.

Oval Circles on desktop.: Why are some of my desktop icons (e.g. Picasa, Google) oval shaped? My monitor is a wide screen so everything is stretched outwards. Can I correct this? 13569
  10. Strange monitor flaw

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange monitor flaw: This is a minor quirk I've lived with for years on my XP PC but it's become worse in Win 10. My Ilyama Prolite E2403WS 24" monitor is set to its recommended resolution of 1920 x 1200, and naturally that's supposed to be located at (0,0). But in XP it was always at (-4,-4)...