Windows 10: Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in...

Discus and support Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, When open "File Explorer" and select "Network" I find strange computers' names are listed in my "network infrastructure" and "other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sataher, May 14, 2020.

1. Sataher Win User

Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in...

Hello all,

When open "File Explorer" and select "Network" I find strange computers' names are listed in my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in "Network". This happened after I was notified by my computer that my network is shared by other computers. I stopped sharing my network, but these strange computers are still found.

Hope you can help, and thank you in advance.

Sam

:)

Sataher, May 14, 2020
  2. Mystere Win User

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, May 14, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 14, 2020
  4. Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in...

Network notwork - computers listed as media devices. 1803 again!

Notwork of 3 computers, Win 10, all patched to v1803, D is pro, hard wired to router, E is wife's desk and R is new portable - both 10-home on Wi-Fi.

R is new, an Asus SonicMaster S510U that is recognized by the router. It has internet connectivity but I cannot transfer files to it except with sneakernet.

I looked at the network structure on each computer using "Control Panel devices and printers" as well as File mgr - Network.

D- devices: D and E listed as media devices, no computers, D does not see R.
    D- Network: D and E listed as media devices. Dbl click either brings up Media Player.

E- devices: D and R listed as media devices.
    E- Network: D and E listed as computers and D again as a media device.

R- devices: D and E show up as media devices.
    R- Network: R as a computer and D as a media device.

The new laptop R is a ghost, sometimes seen but mostly not and doesn't participate.

Using Team Viewer 12
    D and E connect, test file transfers OK.
    D and R connect, I can see partial R desktop (shows links but not folders), R sees D file structure, files will not transfer.

Don't know if this matters - I ran the Network troubleshooter on all three computers - "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings", on any of them.

I'm a geologist at wits end.

stonecherub, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in...

1. Strange computers' names are listed on my "network infrastructure" and "other devices" in... - Similar Threads - Strange computers' names

2. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  3. My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as...: Split from this thread. I just realized something. My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as DESKTOP-SHT4HUM. I have no idea where the network got this name. If I do this: Click on the Start button. · In the search box, type...
  4. My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as...: Split from this thread. I just realized something. My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as DESKTOP-SHT4HUM. I have no idea where the network got this name. If I do this: Click on the Start button. · In the search box, type...
  5. My primary computer on my network has the name Cockpit-1 but it is listed on the network as...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  7. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  8. Unknown network infrastructure device

Unknown network infrastructure device: While I was sharing files to my PC I discovered this device that I'm not intimate with it. [ATTACH] It's named "UbeeAP". I do not own this device in my house. Only Cisco Is there a way of removing this? Thanks....
  9. Strange list of available network

Strange list of available network: Hi, In the past year of so, despite keeping the Window software and all the drivers up to date, I loose network connection on my Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet semi-daily. To get connected Window Key+I-> reset network or Trouble Shoot Network is the remedy. My ADSL WIFI is...
  10. Strange devices showing on my network

Strange devices showing on my network: While trouble shooting another issue, NAS share's not showing in of File Manager - Windows 10 Forums, I started to notice strange devices, mostly phones, showing up in the Network page of File Manger. These devices do not have IP address, however, I can see the MAC...