Windows 10: Strange consent.exe issue

Discus and support Strange consent.exe issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, First time poster. I've come across a strange issue on my computer. My mouse cursor seems to be looping the little blue "loading"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tjmoyes, Aug 6, 2017.

1. tjmoyes Win User

Strange consent.exe issue

Hey everyone,
    First time poster.

I've come across a strange issue on my computer. My mouse cursor seems to be looping the little blue "loading" circle all the time. It doesn't seem to severely affect my system performance but is still rather annoying. When I check the Task Manager, consent.exe seems to be stuck in a loop, where it opens then immediately closes then opens again.

Debugging steps taken:
    - SFC scan found and fixed errors.
    - Check Disk ran on OS drive.
    - Ran Malware + antivirus scans, no issues found
    - Booted into safe mode, cursor operates normally.

This issue pops up as soon as I boot into normal mode and I have no idea why. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks,

:)

tjmoyes, Aug 6, 2017
  2. sinsec Win User
    sinsec, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Consent.exe issues (and SmartScreen aswell) on Windows 10

Hi Gil,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please provide the following information:

• Is the .exe you want to run is different from the Consent.exe?
    • When does the issue start?
    • Did you check if your computer runs the latest Windows 10 Update?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the Consent.exe you see and the app you are trying to run?

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Aug 6, 2017
  4. tjmoyes Win User

Found my own answer.

I have "Razer Synapse" installed on my computer because of my mouse, and it seems like a linked program called "razeringameengine.exe" was crashing and causing the whole issue. Uninstalling Razer Synapse fixed the problem.

tjmoyes, Aug 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Strange consent.exe issue - Similar Threads - Strange consent exe

2. Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued: I use my computer mainly for use with HAM Radio and satellite tracking, there are some legacy programs that are barely runnable in Win7 and won't run at all on Win10. I have already tried a WIN10 PC and could not get my software to work correctly. While we were doing an...
  3. Troubleshooting a Strange Issue...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Troubleshooting a Strange Issue...: Okay, this is a weird one... I was having an issue with my monitor getting stuck in "power save mode" (no input detected) if my computer restarts. It ONLY happens with a restart. The only way to get my monitor to work again is to hard shut down the computer by holding the...
  4. strange issues with windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange issues with windows: Hello, I just re-installed windows 10 64 bit. I cannot install Chrome (says chrome needs a windows update but there is none) I cannot install adobe acrobat (installation failed) I cannot run any troubleshooting / wizards (such as - right click on a network card and...
  5. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  6. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  7. Strange Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Battery Issue: I was using my new Pavilion x360 laptop last night for a few hours while plugged in. The battery was at 100%. This is a new laptop that had Windows 10 Home installed from a clean install. I shut the laptop off (completely off) around 11:00 PM. So today, I get home from work...
  8. Strange network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange network issue: I have an odd problem here. Windows 10 Home WD MyBook Live Windows user account: Microsoft User Account MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436
  10. Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D

in Windows 10 Support
    Rundll32.exe issues | Hello ! :D: First of, hello, just made an account for this one issue. Now then, you can clearly see in the image what the problem is, [img] if for some reason you can't see the image, then the problem is Rundll32, which is a windows host process. It run's it self multiple...