Windows 10: Strange consent.exe issue

Discus and support Strange consent.exe issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, First time poster. I've come across a strange issue on my computer. My mouse cursor seems to be looping the little blue "loading"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tjmoyes, Aug 6, 2017.

1. tjmoyes Win User

Strange consent.exe issue

Hey everyone,
    First time poster.

I've come across a strange issue on my computer. My mouse cursor seems to be looping the little blue "loading" circle all the time. It doesn't seem to severely affect my system performance but is still rather annoying. When I check the Task Manager, consent.exe seems to be stuck in a loop, where it opens then immediately closes then opens again.

Debugging steps taken:
    - SFC scan found and fixed errors.
    - Check Disk ran on OS drive.
    - Ran Malware + antivirus scans, no issues found
    - Booted into safe mode, cursor operates normally.

This issue pops up as soon as I boot into normal mode and I have no idea why. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks,

:)

tjmoyes, Aug 6, 2017
  2. sinsec Win User
    sinsec, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Consent.exe issues (and SmartScreen aswell) on Windows 10

Hi Gil,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please provide the following information:

• Is the .exe you want to run is different from the Consent.exe?
    • When does the issue start?
    • Did you check if your computer runs the latest Windows 10 Update?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the Consent.exe you see and the app you are trying to run?

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Aug 6, 2017
  4. tjmoyes Win User

Found my own answer.

I have "Razer Synapse" installed on my computer because of my mouse, and it seems like a linked program called "razeringameengine.exe" was crashing and causing the whole issue. Uninstalling Razer Synapse fixed the problem.

tjmoyes, Aug 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Strange consent.exe issue - Similar Threads - Strange consent exe

2. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  3. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  4. Issues with splwow64.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with splwow64.exe: I am running an App based on ArcGis, V10. When I try to print any document over its own virtual printer, the dialog box of splwow64.exe goes background. I press Alt+Tab keys, Ctrl+Tab, I pray to the gods, but the result is the same, nothing to do. Only, I can access to the...
  5. Strange taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange taskbar issues: Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real...
  6. Strange wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange wifi issue: Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436