Windows 10: Strange Cortana Login Issue

Discus and support Strange Cortana Login Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until yesterday I was using v 1909 on my desktop PC and Cortana worked fine with my main MS account I have been using for years. I just upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Strange Cortana Login Issue

Until yesterday I was using v 1909 on my desktop PC and Cortana worked fine with my main MS account I have been using for years. I just upgraded to v2004 and now get the message below when I try to login to Cortana with my usual MS account. Why doesn't this work? I have a backup MS account and Cortana does work with that. I don't have Office 365 but do have Office 2016.

Strange Cortana Login Issue [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Cortana is not replying to any of my questions

Hi Mehul,

Logout and login into Cortana using a Microsoft account and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the steps below to logout and login into Cortana on the computer.

Step 1: To logout of Cortana, follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana icon located next to Start button on the Task bar.
    • Click on Notebook located at the left panel of the Cortana Window.
    • Click on About me and select the Microsoft account you are currently logged in into.
    • Click on the user account displayed in the window and select Sign out.

Step 2: To sign in into Cortana, follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana icon located next to Start button on the Task bar.
    • Click on Notebook located at the left panel of the Cortana Window.
    • Click on About me and login using the Microsoft account credentials.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Strange Cortana Login Issue

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Strange Cortana Login Issue

1. Strange Cortana Login Issue - Similar Threads - Strange Cortana Login

2. Strange login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange login prompt: Since the most recent update end of Aug 2021? my PC asks me for a PIN or password every time I power up. This used to not happen. I've tried to disable this feature and can't. Before asking me to sign in, it says something bizarre like "We're sorry but you cannot be connected...
  3. Strange Login Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Login Keyboard Issue: Not sure where I should post this but I'm really confused. Earlier I restarted to update Windows10 and it got stuck at 90% for around 2 hours. I reluctantly restarted my computer during the update. When it booted up everything was fine after it said it was reverting the...
  4. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  5. Strange login problem!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange login problem!: Hey guys, my computer was working normally up to this morning when it restarted itself and now I cannot pass the lockscreen! The thing is the password is working but I always get back to the same screen where I have to enter password over and over again. I have lots of...
  6. Strange login problem!

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange login problem!: Hey guys, my computer was working normally up to this morning when it restarted itself and now I cannot pass the lockscreen! The thing is the password is working but I always get back to the same screen where I have to enter password over and over again. I have lots of...
  7. A strange login. Or an attack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A strange login. Or an attack?: I do not no what happened but today I started my pc, and suddenly the name of my network had been changed. Or the name of my modem. After rebooting my modem to default settings I logged in witn my Microsoft account. Wich should me the only way to start windows. But after I...
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436