Windows 10: Strange CPU up-time behavior

Discus and support Strange CPU up-time behavior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Acer W10 laptop computer, with the latest updates This is very strange. If I go into Task Manager, Performance Tab, it will show my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by compiler7, Dec 11, 2019.

1. compiler7 Win User

Strange CPU up-time behavior

I have an Acer W10 laptop computer, with the latest updates

This is very strange. If I go into Task Manager, Performance Tab, it will show my CPU time. Say it says 2 hours and I power down via the Windows icon/Power. If I power down for an hour, then reboot and check CPU time, it says 3 hours (it should not). But if I shut down using a shutdown icon (%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0), then reboot and check the time, it correctly shows a few seconds upon reboot. Also, if I do a restart, the CPU time is correctly reset.
    This is confusing. Any ideas?

A shorter way of phrasing my question: why doesn't the CPU time get reset when powering down and restarting.

Mel

:)

compiler7, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Strange CPU up-time behavior [​IMG]

Onibot, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Strange update behavior

I'm trying to figure out why you had to install KB3197954 manually.

1. Did KB3197954 fail to install when offered via Windows Update or didn't you get a chance to install due to the "available updates show up but quickly disappear" behavior?

2. Assuming Win10 is, in fact, installed on the HDD, how much free space is available on the HDD (usually the C drive)? ...the SSD?

3. When, if ever, was the last time you ran Disk Cleanup?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 11, 2019
  4. compiler7 Win User

Strange sporadic touchpad behavior

I have an Acer W10 laptop. Approximately every 5 weeks or so, my touchpad suddenly becomes about 95% non-responsive. When I swipe on it, the cursor barely moves (maybe 1/8 inch to a full swipe). I end up plugging in a USB mouse. That works perfectly and if I restart the computer, all is fine for another month. I use my laptop 3-6 hours per day, so this strange touchpad behavior is not too common (otherwise it would be extremely annoying).

I have checked the touchpad settings and I see nothing unusual. I checked Task Manager and there is nothing using up much CPU or memory. I see no commonality in what I’m doing when the issue occurs.

So, any suggestions? I don’t even know what to look for.

Mel

compiler7, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange CPU up-time behavior - Similar Threads - Strange CPU behavior

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior: For a few weeks, I noticed my computer's performance was dropping. I used a third-party process monitor and found that there is one process called TiWorker.exe which is using 40% -60% CPU usage. I stopped the process but after a few minutes it started running again. Before...
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  7. Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior: Hello, I have an asus laptop that uses the Intel Core i7 4750HQ CPU never had any problems. -I recently had a problem with the HD and decided to install a new SSD with a new Windows installation and install the old HDD simultaneously using a caddy. -A few days later I...
  8. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...