Windows 10: Strange Crash

Discus and support Strange Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just had a strange system crash when I powered up my PC from sleep mode. I had been stressing the GPU (4GB RAdeon RX550) prior to it being asleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tREEs31, Sep 24, 2018.

1. tREEs31 Win User

Strange Crash

I just had a strange system crash when I powered up my PC from sleep mode.
    I had been stressing the GPU (4GB RAdeon RX550) prior to it being asleep playing GTA Online on Steam.

The strange part is:

1. I come home, power up the machine, and my lock screen showed fine. Everything seemed normal.
    2. The next second my PC screen was filled with nothing but static, exactly the way old Televisions used to look.

I have used piriform's Speccy to examine the hardware components.

The GPU seems to be running fine, however it is marked as "unsafe".
    I thought the concern may have been an out of date driver issue, but it was the most updated version.

The motherboard, notably, reports it is running at over 100 degrees centigrade.

It is a msi night elf B150-M.

However feeling the side of the completely metal case where the Motherboard is mounted, there is no heat radiating from the PC to any great degree.

I'm posting this to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue.

It may be unrelated, however when inspecting the various hardware devices I noticed an entry I don't commonly see.
    Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth && Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator is installed as Software Devices.
    I'm mentioning this because these appear to be programmable and I'm wondering if it may be related to skidware.

Thanks if you can help. -tREEs

:)

tREEs31, Sep 24, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 24, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Strange Crash

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Strange Crash

1. Strange Crash - Similar Threads - Strange Crash

2. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  3. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  4. Strange crashes without a minidump.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange crashes without a minidump.: Ive had this new pc for 6 months now. Intel i9 13900KF4090Water cooled and more fans than I can count.It is connected to a 1000w psu that is brand new and plugged to the AC separated from the rest of the devices. Lately some things freeze, the mouse will stop working, or the...
  5. Strange crashes without a minidump.

Strange crashes without a minidump.: Ive had this new pc for 6 months now. Intel i9 13900KF4090Water cooled and more fans than I can count.It is connected to a 1000w psu that is brand new and plugged to the AC separated from the rest of the devices. Lately some things freeze, the mouse will stop working, or the...
  6. Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...: i use apu tuning for undervolting and it used not to happen. the crash happens randomly .Laptop Rog strix g15 R9 5980HX6800m16 ram512 storageRAR oF minidumps:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6itfc16kdvhw9g2/Minidump.rar/file...
  7. Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...

Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...: i use apu tuning for undervolting and it used not to happen. the crash happens randomly .Laptop Rog strix g15 R9 5980HX6800m16 ram512 storageRAR oF minidumps:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6itfc16kdvhw9g2/Minidump.rar/file...
  8. Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash: Today I was casually on Amazon Prime Video when my laptop completely froze up with audio glitches, I was unable to get it to respond until I force shut it down and restarted, and when I checked the crash dumps, this came up:Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  9. Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash

Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash: Today I was casually on Amazon Prime Video when my laptop completely froze up with audio glitches, I was unable to get it to respond until I force shut it down and restarted, and when I checked the crash dumps, this came up:Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  10. Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen: As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before with bad RAM, but I replaced the RAM and it ran well for 4+ weeks. But strangely it happened once more last night. Here are the...