Windows 10: Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

Discus and support Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dajusta, May 25, 2021.

1. dajusta Win User

Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before with bad RAM, but I replaced the RAM and it ran well for 4+ weeks. But strangely it happened once more last night. Here are the dump files collected via V2 Log Collector Blacklotus Crash Files - Google Drive Major thanks in advance!

:)

dajusta, May 25, 2021

2. R9 380 Black Ops 3 crash and black screen after clicking Crimson Settings

And my computer frozen up today without BSOD and any error message while browsing. Any suggestion?

The Riddler, May 25, 2021
  3. PC crash to black screen

Hi Andrew,

Your concern regarding the black/blank screen issue after updating the graphics card can be caused by a change on the device settings or corrupted system files. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the methods suggested
    on this support article. Select the option that's related to your concern to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 25, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I dont think that Minidump is going to be of help as all the dates are too far in the past to be useful. Go to Event Viewer/ Windows Logs / then check Application for errors and and Windows for error that happen just before the time of BSOD, post screen shots of the errors listed! Thank you and welcome to TPU!*I Love TPU :lovetpu:

EDIT: Curious to what GPU's you tested in said PC that are working right now with no issues?

DRDNA, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen - Similar Threads - Strange Crashing BSOD

2. my pc just sits on a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc just sits on a black screen: hello, i have noticed that after a blue screen my windows will not start up, i have reseated my ram, tried to launch in safe mode and it gave the error code: d0000034, won’t let me reset my pc to default and sometimes just sits on the starting screen instead of a black one,...
  3. my pc just sits on a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc just sits on a black screen: hello, i have noticed that after a blue screen my windows will not start up, i have reseated my ram, tried to launch in safe mode and it gave the error code: d0000034, won’t let me reset my pc to default and sometimes just sits on the starting screen instead of a black one,...
  4. my pc just sits on a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  6. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  7. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

8. my pc crashed just gave me a black screen the rebutted it self

my pc crashed just gave me a black screen the rebutted it self: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8075431d340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112023-5312-01.dmp. Report Id: d2645c31-9f67-4c59-85b1-82d537e8fbd7.i go to...
  9. My pc screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    My pc screen is frozen: Last pm my desktop HP Windows 10 had a frozen screen. I have explained in part what I have tried. I have worked for hours with nothing happening. I used a google search to do many things that were suggested. Pressed Esc 2 times, tried Alt ctrl delete- finally the screen with...
  10. Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black

Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black: Pc just turns off and restarts when i'm in the middle of something. So far i think it's only happened when i play a game. My videocard is the radeon hd 7850, and i'm on the newest catalyst drivers. In eventviewer i see a event for usermodepowerservice happening followed by a...